Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new sled recently...its a 96' ski doo F3 and it seems to run great. I just got done going through the suspension replacing bogie wheels, some stabilizer bars etc...I took it for a couple laps around the yard and I get the most awful "clunk" from the rear end of my suspension. It literally shakes the whole sled up until about 10 mph and then its gone. The guy I bought it from upgraded the rear and the font to an Sc-10 so its not the original suspension. Any thoughts? That's basically all the info I can give you...if someone could point me in the right direction, I'm sure I can figure out whats going on. Thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
If it has a reservoir rear shock it might be mounted "upside down"

Track tension OK?

Wrong diameter idler wheels?

Jim

·
Mr Top Whore
102,999 Posts
X2 on the track tension, if it's too lose it will ratchet and you will get a vibration for sure. Put the rear up on a stand and measure the distance between the track and your suspension rails. I don't know what the tension should be with it being a different skid for that sled, but I would imagine you wouldn't want more than a .5" or so. But I may be wrong, My .02

·
Registered
25 Posts
the belt could be burned or notched in a spot. that happened to me twice. it feels like the drive cogs slip and it jerks the sled. id switch to a new belt and try that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I changed the belt, checked the bogie wheels, and I'm pretty the track tension is alright (I'll check that again soon) because I know that can cause issues. I'll have my neighbor come over and take a look at it as I drive it and see if he can determine anything. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another thing to add...The rear axle only has three bogie wheels (two on the outside and one on the inside). I think it should have 4? I tried to get the axle off to add another wheel, but I couldn't get the darn thing off. Would not having a 4th bogie wheel cause any problems? I dont think it would, but just thought i'd ask...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Another thing to add...The rear axle only has three bogie wheels (two on the outside and one on the inside). I think it should have 4? I tried to get the axle off to add another wheel, but I couldn't get the darn thing off. Would not having a 4th bogie wheel cause any problems? I dont think it would, but just thought i'd ask...
NOPE! i got two sleds with 3 wheels in back on their sc-10's, my brother has two sleds w/sc-10 II's that only have 3. ive only seen one sc-10 that had 4wheels, off a 97 mxz, i dont know what size it is was for a sled. but you are fine with 3 wheels in back. check to see if the front of the torsion spring is hitting a idler wheel? the blocks these out side idler wheels mount to have a grooved block for that spot. if its not a grooved mounting block the torsion spring hits it and makes alot of noise. and im really wondering how a belt could give you suspension noise? if it is a suspension noise, then its not you belt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts