Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2012 Summit. I'm running low on suspension grease (filled in the spring, so planning ahead for next spring). I'm pretty sure what I've been using is the purple Ski Doo brand...not sure if it's fully synthetic (I can check when I get home). Here are my questions:

1. I've seen lots of posts about alternatives that are MUCH cheaper. What exactly do I need to look for if I go to Napa, for example? High Temp? Cold Weather?

2. If what I've been using is not synthetic can I **add** synthetic to it? i normally just add grease until enough squirts out indicating it's full. I never "change" the grease like you would oil.

3. Ideally I'd like to get a grease that I can also use on my trailer bearings. Is there a grease that will work for both the suspension and trailer bearings?

The part number in the manual is 293 550 033.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Grt a high quality grease , one that resist water, cold temps and high temps, personally i use sinto because this iswhat we have where i work and always had good result with sinto products

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
I personally like Super Lube, the stuff is good for extra cold temps much like the BRP grease. Can be had on Amazon, among many other places.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I can't think high temperature capacity would ever be needed on the suspension itself, but would be needed on spinning bearings.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I use Lucas Red N Tacky... I use it on everything from my sled, bearing buddies on my trailer, to the ball joints on my truck, good stuff, and you'll only need one grease gun...

Reactions: Valonmxz

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've used this grease without issue. It's basic low temp, water resistant, sled grease that is well stocked at Canadian Tire and reasonably priced. I used to buy Shell's Advance Synthetic Grease too (years ago), but it had (more of) a tendency to go watery in the gun after awhile and leak out and make a mess. I didn't use it fast enough I guess. I got tired of always having the grease gun in a shopping bag (with a couple ounces of runny oil/grease in the bag).

Just as another option to consider. I'm not sure if it's appropriate for trailer bearings thou.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-low-temperature-extreme-pressure-grease-400-g-0280881p.html

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
The brp grease tends to leak from the gun too, the sinto grease is so sticky it wont leak even if left in the sun
There's a reason that happens; it's a low temperature grease. If you have a grease that stays thick when it's warm, that's not necessarily a good thing. Think how thick it becomes in winter.

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
The sinto grease keeps its tacky properties cold or hot, it work at both extreme that is why we used it in our scrapyard machinery it sees +40c to -40c and always worked, no mess no mechanical issues

I also use the skidoo grease i have a grease gun of each, i just likenthe fact that the sinto does not leave a puddle everywhere , even when the tube is still sealed it leaks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use the Super Lube as mentioned earlier, it is great for low temperatures, is food grade safe and is almost clear in appearance. It is interesting reading on the label for uses and capabilites. I have been using it for twenty years plus with no issues, and the only thing in my grease gun. Everything I have gets it including the blade spindles on my Kubota zero turn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts