Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I have a Ski doo renegade backcountry X 850 that i want to do wheelies with and not use the crest of a hill to get it up
all thoug i still want to be able to do other things like carve and sidehill, so i guess that im kinda looking for a nice "middle ground" if the suspension ave anything to do whit those other things. i may just be asking some stupid ass question but im here to learn
its a 146 btw

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,430 Posts
Start by letting your limiter strap out a hole or 2 if it isn't already.

You'll lose some steering but increase transfer..

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
The Renegade is not a wheelie monster but besides previous advice, set the rear torsion springs as soft as you can, front suspension as soft as you can and crank the center shock up really hard. If running a 1.25'' track without studs you won't be able to carry the skis much. A 1.5 to a 2'' track really helps in the wheelie dept.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would also suggest dropping down on gearing, that will help with low end grunt. I have run 2.42 gearing in mine and it will pop front up nicely. But you will lose top end speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts

My 16 900 ace, hurricane track ,21/49 gears, stock clutches with clutch kit. I did modify my R motion a bit...... On hard pack it stands up quick enough that it rotates itself back on the rear grab bar then the track just comes off the ground. I think an 850 shouldn't have any problems with some good traction and some suspension mods

·
Banshee Builder
7,814 Posts
yup^^^^^

hurricane track= wheelies :)
its the perfect on/off trail track imo got a brand new one in the garage for the sled when it arrives. also as others said let out the limiter strap out. you might not like it all the way out tho as it is nearly impossible to steer on groomed trail lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts