Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 Formula SLS 500, will the newer model suspensions from a ZX chasis bolt right in?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
sc2 will. sc3 will not. But takes approximately 5 minutes to make the old sc3 bolt right in.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will do some searching for one, need to find what years the SC II was in. If there is in the Minneapolis metro that has one to sell let me know also.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Purchased a SC3 today. I am removing the c7 mounts and putting the orginal rear mounts in for the sc-10 back in. Should i put the mounts back in the same spot end drill the bolt hole closer, or slide the mount forward and re drill all the rivet holes. What rivets should i use, steel or aluminum?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
24" xtc is correct for the sc3, I am wondering if the brackets are off right now, should I move them to the correct xtc or put in factory location and drill new holes. Also, what rivets should I use; aluminum or steel?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Sent you a PM with my $ .02 as it is not just a bolt in and go swap

Michael M

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well sc-10 III suspension was a success. Drilled 2 new holes .750 forward and a little minor grinding to get the big aluminum bushins to clear. I can squat the sled all the way down and it pops up good.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I used steel rivets. Bought a bag of 3/16 big headed ones for like 10 bucks for a Hundo. Used them on my new drop hangers and tunnel extension.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took it for a little spin today, every thing seems good. The bumps I was trying to hit felt nice. This sled will be on the trails by houghton, mi tomorrow evening.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts