Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
i know there are topics on here about suspension adjusments, which i have read and i also read my manual and the cover over my drive belt. but here it is... finally got to do some actual trail riding on the weekend. noticed alot of darting while going at moderate speeds thru the woods and it was hard to steer. today, i adjusted my center spring to the 3rd notch, which seemed to help, but now i get alot of ski lift when turning. my rear spring is set for my weight and i have the ski springs set on the lowest. open to any suggestions any one has. other than this issue the sled is great..

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Folgers and revracer are right to correct heavey steering but loosening limiterstrap should increase inside ski lift as well.

The best way is to go to the beginning set up, (prob everything in the middle), and make one adjustment at a time so you can see what each does and how one effects the next.

I have helped set up 4 REV's and for handelsing trails the 1st adjustment has been tighten front springs and 2nd has been tighten limiter strap one notch, IMO.

BTW, after re-reading your post I need to ask your size?

If you have pilot skis and front springs on lowest it should be very easy to steer but dart some, it's strange to have heavy steering and darting in my experience, it's usually the reverse problem.

The nice thing about trail riding with the pilots is that they dont require as much effor to turn as the precisions.

Like I said I'd start your set up over.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I would tighten the front shocks up some, which should help with the heavy steering.
As for the darting, check your toe. Should be toed out slightly. Chances are you are toed in causing the darting

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PCBrev800 said:
Folgers and revracer are right to correct heavey steering but loosening limiterstrap should increase inside ski lift as well.

The best way is to go to the beginning set up, (prob everything in the middle), and make one adjustment at a time so you can see what each does and how one effects the next.

I have helped set up 4 REV's and for handelsing trails the 1st adjustment has been tighten front springs and 2nd has been tighten limiter strap one notch, IMO.

BTW, after re-reading your post I need to ask your size?

If you have pilot skis and front springs on lowest it should be very easy to steer but dart some, it's strange to have heavy steering and darting in my experience, it's usually the reverse problem.

The nice thing about trail riding with the pilots is that they dont require as much effor to turn as the precisions.

Like I said I'd start your set up over.
[snapback]713105[/snapback]​
i weigh about 170 w/all my gear on. is ther alot to checking the toe on the skis? thanks for the info. will try different things again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts