Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to set my 04 800 mod up for hillx. It has the sc10III in it and I can't get it to hook up at all. Just spins the track off like nothing. It does not matter where I stand on the sled nothing seems to help. The springs are in the 3 hardest block setting . And I have not figured out the high low speed settings yet. I don't want to get pumeld into the seat either after a big jump. So I don't know where to start. Last year I had the 05 mod. But the rear skids are diffrent and the 05 hooked up awsome compared to this one. I only weigh 170lbs with my gear on. and the snow is wet. any help would be great Thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
04firecat said:
I am trying to set my 04 800 mod up for hillx. It has the sc10III in it and I can't get it to hook up at all. Just spins the track off like nothing. It does not matter where I stand on the sled nothing seems to help. The springs are in the 3 hardest block setting . And I have not figured out the high low speed settings yet. I don't want to get pumeld into the seat either after a big jump. So I don't know where to start. Last year I had the 05 mod. But the rear skids are diffrent and the 05 hooked up awsome compared to this one. I only weigh 170lbs with my gear on. and the snow is wet. any help would be great Thanks.
[snapback]730111[/snapback]​
Also 20/45 gears. Someone has to have a idea. Please help.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
In addition to turning the low speed adjuster, you can let limiter stap out and/or tighten the spring preload on the center shock. I would also suggest experimenting with lighter rear spring preloads. Maybe try #2 or even #1.

As a drastic measure you could cut the aluminum away from the suspension rail to allow the rear arm more movement before it couples. Another option is to remove the rubber coupler stop pad which allows some addtional rear arm movement without cutting the rail.

I might suggest you do these things one at a time because the SC3 skid either spings or wheelies over backwards. Finding the perfect balance takes practice and will change as snow conditions change.

Good luck.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tom White said:
In addition to turning the low speed adjuster, you can let limiter stap out and/or tighten the spring preload on the center shock. I would also suggest experimenting with lighter rear spring preloads. Maybe try #2 or even #1.

As a drastic measure you could cut the aluminum away from the suspension rail to allow the rear arm more movement before it couples. Another option is to remove the rubber coupler stop pad which allows some addtional rear arm movement without cutting the rail.

I might suggest you do these things one at a time because the SC3 skid either spings or wheelies over backwards. Finding the perfect balance takes practice and will change as snow conditions change.

Good luck.
[snapback]730950[/snapback]​
Thanks Tom,
I will tried the lightest setting on the preload springs, But I think I will try the limiter straps now. when it is sitting flat on the ground the front of the rear skid is up about 2" even behind the bend of the rail And the limiters are so tight I can't hardly wiggle them.
Thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts