Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Boosted Eskimo
1,994 Posts
I use OSP surgetank and in tank pump. Works great for Me and my riding style.

---
Sent from my ice cold iphone from the other side of the pond using Tapatalk

G

·
Saw this posted on Cat turbo side of HCS. Wonder if Holley has something that wold fit our doo tanks and work with the stock pump/stock surge tank and help us with fuel delivery aeration with levels below 1/2 tank?

Watch the vid! Awesome looking technology!

https://holley.com/products/fuel_systems/hydramat/
Very cool Mike, I can think of lots of applications that this will come in handy on.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I just purchased the osp tank/pump

·
boost junkie
10,604 Posts
with a covered spring stock pick up hose

and the sock under the pump

if you can keep the stock surge tank full you will never have a problem

by just add a small pump at the end of the stock hose pick should up to keep it full

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
with a covered spring stock pick up hose

and the sock under the pump

if you can keep the stock surge tank full you will never have a problem

by just add a small pump at the end of the stock hose pick should up to keep it full
I agree Chris, but I did a little experiment. I put a full stock (2014 with internal regulator) tank on the bench and put power to the pump. I put a 2x4 under the front of the tank to lift the front of the tank up 4" up front. At 1/2 tank or slightly less it started sucking air as the front pickup was uncovered with fuel. It started flowing aerated fuel and lost pressure big time. So how to keep stock surge tank flowing pure fuel without air in it other than a pump in the rear pickup which adds complexity trying to power that, along with issues possibly going downhill?

If one of these HydraMats was attached to the front pickup at the surge tank, along with the rear pickup into the HydraMat and the HydraMat went from front to back in the tank, wouldn't that be the hot ticket! There would be no complexities trying to power pumps or worry about uphill/downhill or full or partial even empty tank problems !!

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Get on it and tell us how u did it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree Chris, but I did a little experiment. I put a full stock (2014 with internal regulator) tank on the bench and put power to the pump. I put a 2x4 under the front of the tank to lift the front of the tank up 4" up front. At 1/2 tank or slightly less it started sucking air as the front pickup was uncovered with fuel. It started flowing aerated fuel and lost pressure big time. So how to keep stock surge tank flowing pure fuel without air in it other than a pump in the rear pickup which adds complexity trying to power that, along with issues possibly going downhill?

If one of these HydraMats was attached to the front pickup at the surge tank, along with the rear pickup into the HydraMat and the HydraMat went from front to back in the tank, wouldn't that be the hot ticket! There would be no complexities trying to power pumps or worry about uphill/downhill or full or partial even empty tank problems !!

You are correct, Dave at Powder Lites has been using them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts