Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone work for Ford? We are thinking of getting rid of the expedition for the smaller escape due to the gas prices in NY. I was wondering if anyone can hook me up with an employee coupon (kind of like the one TNUTS offers for GM)...

PM me if possible.. going shopping this week... I can get an employee discount through my job but it only amounts to a small bit of change..

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
saltalarev said:
Anyone work for Ford? We are thinking of getting rid of the expedition for the smaller escape due to the gas prices in NY. I was wondering if anyone can hook me up with an employee coupon (kind of like the one TNUTS offers for GM)...

PM me if possible.. going shopping this week... I can get an employee discount through my job but it only amounts to a small bit of change..
[snapback]711747[/snapback]​
wish I could help - they check SSNs so you need a relative that is already in the system to qualify for A plan. Then again some dealers will deal and give you A plan or almost A plan - sure beats the X plan.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zdooman said:
saltalarev said:

wish I could help - they check SSNs so you need a relative that is already in the system to qualify for A plan. Then again some dealers will deal and give you A plan or almost A plan - sure beats the X plan.
[snapback]713004[/snapback]​
can you tell me what the savings is from the X plan Vs the A plan? I'll just lay it on the line for the salesman... no sense beating around the bush..

billsmxz800 said:
salty, check out monroe ford their prices seem to be pretty good. i use edmunds.com for pricing info on vehicles.
[snapback]713032[/snapback]​
Thanks.. Will do. Sunshine ford isn't willing to deal on anything.... guess they want to give way to Nissan up the street..

tnuts said:
Hybrid or regular motor?
[snapback]713041[/snapback]​
regular motor.. must have heated seats.. our eddie bauer is soon to be gone but I would have to recommend this vehicle to anyone that is not going to use it for a daily commuter... drives like a caddy. W/AC seats too..!

·
15,035 Posts
Ill PM ya when I can get back into that... Dont have the access right now.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Before you buy the escape check out the edge, that is if you want to wait til the fall. If you want to avoid a first year model the go with the escape, it has proven itself and the 4 cylinder gets better fuel economy then anything else in it's class including anything from Japan Inc.

·
Registered
745 Posts
saltalarev said:
zdooman said:
saltalarev said:

can you tell me what the savings is from the X plan Vs the A plan? I'll just lay it on the line for the salesman... no sense beating around the bush..

billsmxz800 said:
salty, check out monroe ford their prices seem to be pretty good. i use edmunds.com for pricing info on vehicles.
Thanks.. Will do. Sunshine ford isn't willing to deal on anything.... guess they want to give way to Nissan up the street..

tnuts said:
Hybrid or regular motor?
regular motor.. must have heated seats.. our eddie bauer is soon to be gone but I would have to recommend this vehicle to anyone that is not going to use it for a daily commuter... drives like a caddy. W/AC seats too..!
[snapback]715091[/snapback]​
You have the extra coin for the fancy "Eddie Bauer" version and your nickel and dimeing you local dealer? Doesn't make sense. The diff. between A and X plan is you qualify for X not for A. X plan is a very reasonable no haggle price usually between $100 under invioice to $100 over. That is more than reasonable.
Gee wonder why our American auto co.'s are going bankrupt. Why don't you try fishing for some family deal on that Nissan. Oh yeah cuz, the stingy japs don't have special employee deals, let alone special supplier deals like the one you get through Ford. They are keeping all the profits and staying in business!!
Support your fellow American and buy the truck from one of your local Dealers. At a reasonable x plan price. Yes that does include some profit for the dealership. Chances are your loyalty to them will be paid back 10 fold when you really need them.

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
XHO said:
saltalarev said:
zdooman said:
saltalarev said:

billsmxz800 said:

tnuts said:
Hybrid or regular motor?
You have the extra coin for the fancy "Eddie Bauer" version and your nickel and dimeing you local dealer? Doesn't make sense. The diff. between A and X plan is you qualify for X not for A. X plan is a very reasonable no haggle price usually between $100 under invioice to $100 over. That is more than reasonable.
Gee wonder why our American auto co.'s are going bankrupt. Why don't you try fishing for some family deal on that Nissan. Oh yeah cuz, the stingy japs don't have special employee deals, let alone special supplier deals like the one you get through Ford. They are keeping all the profits and staying in business!!
Support your fellow American and buy the truck from one of your local Dealers. At a reasonable x plan price. Yes that does include some profit for the dealership. Chances are your loyalty to them will be paid back 10 fold when you really need them.
[snapback]715837[/snapback]​
Very well said.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ah.....another "I am going to beat the salesperson down and buy that vehicle at cost" rants.

Most car dealers work on a VERY slim margin. The average profit for a vehicle at a new car dealer ( import or domestic ) is 3 %.

3% !!!!!!!

Lets compare that to other items you purchase.....

Groceries at the supermarket... 100 % +
Gas for your Doo.... 20 % -/+
Computer you are typing on... 40 to 60%
Clothes at the mall.... 150 to 400 %

The list goes on and on.....

So the dealer is making 3 % on a $30,000 truck, that is roughly $1000.00. Let's see where that $1000.00 goes to.

Gotta pay the sales person who sold it. Well that is $300.00. Now that leaves us $700.00 left.
Well the dealer still has to pay the factory the finance charge to have that truck on the lot for sale ( you didn't think that the dealer owns all those vehicles on the lot did you ? )..well that $50.00 gone.
That leaves $650.00 after the sale.
Well the office people who processed your paperwork still need to be paid...another $50.00 spent. That is $600.00 left.
Now the dealer has to pay the person who cleaned up and prepped your truck ( you do want it clean and full of gas right ? ) Prep costs are about $100.00...Now we are down to $500.00 left.
Uncle Sam has to take his part...take $300.00 away for taxes ( FICA, Medicare, Property, State, Federal, Workers Comp, Unemployment etc ). That leaves $200.00.
Got to have a place to buy the truck from right ? Building costs ( mortgage, heat, lights, gas, computers ) $100.00. That leaves $100.00.
You want a free oil change or something right.... $30.00. Now we have $70.00 left.

$70.00 profit on a $30,000.00 truck. Wow !!

Most dealers are honest and just trying to make a return on investment. It's the few bad apples ( like any other business ) that make it bad for all the others.

Think about that next time you walk into a dealership.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
XHO said:
saltalarev said:
zdooman said:
saltalarev said:

billsmxz800 said:

tnuts said:
Hybrid or regular motor?
Why don't you try fishing for some family deal on that Nissan. Oh yeah cuz, the stingy japs don't have special employee deals, let alone special supplier deals like the one you get through Ford. They are keeping all the profits and staying in business!!
The stingy japs doo have special employee/family deals. I got my Pathfinder for 8k less with 120k, 5yr warranty through a family/employee purchase. They just don't have summer giveaways.

·
Ka-RAY-Zeeee
5,301 Posts
saltalarev said:

There is a dealer near Rochester that will give you factory pricing online. I'll get the name and PM you

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
fxdwg said:
Ah.....another "I am going to beat the salesperson down and buy that vehicle at cost" rants.

Most car dealers work on a VERY slim margin. The average profit for a vehicle at a new car dealer ( import or domestic ) is 3 %.

3% !!!!!!!

So the dealer is making 3 % on a $30,000 truck, that is roughly $1000.00. Let's see where that $1000.00 goes to.

Gotta pay the sales person who sold it. Well that is $300.00. Now that leaves us $700.00 left.
Well the dealer still has to pay the factory the finance charge to have that truck on the lot for sale ( you didn't think that the dealer owns all those vehicles on the lot did you ? )..well that $50.00 gone.
Well the office people who processed your paperwork still need to be paid...another $50.00 spent. That is $600.00 left.
Now the dealer has to pay the person who cleaned up and prepped your truck ( you do want it clean and full of gas right ? ) Prep costs are about $100.00...Now we are down to $500.00 left.
Uncle Sam has to take his part...take $300.00 away for taxes ( FICA, Medicare, Property, State, Federal, Workers Comp, Unemployment etc ). That leaves $200.00.
Got to have a place to buy the truck from right ? Building costs ( mortgage, heat, lights, gas, computers ) $100.00. That leaves $100.00.
You want a free oil change or something right.... $30.00. Now we have $70.00 left.

Most dealers are honest and just trying to make a return on investment. It's the few bad apples ( like any other business ) that make it bad for all the others.

[snapback]716661[/snapback]​
VERY VERY VERY well said....Its like all of the people who used to go to canada to go and buy new sleds/cars etc....and then bitch about when people loose thier jobs...Its just great!

·
Registered
745 Posts
biggziff said:
saltalarev said:

There is a dealer near Rochester that will give you factory pricing online. I'll get the name and PM you
[snapback]716743[/snapback]​
"Factory pricing?" Is that a new word for "inovioce" price? Or are you saying the dealer is willing to sell vehicles for exactly what they paid Ford Motor Co. with $0 profit?
Be tough to keep the lights on with that strategy.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
XHO said:
saltalarev said:
zdooman said:
saltalarev said:

billsmxz800 said:

tnuts said:
Hybrid or regular motor?
Every dollar counts nowadays around here. I never walk into the first dealer and buy without shopping around.. I can get a better deal on a nissan right now with a much better warranty but I figured I would support Ford since it is an American Co. that is going under. The dealer nickel and dimes every customer so why can the customer nickely and dime the dealer? I would travel to the next state to get a better deal if need be. I think everyone in the country qualify's for the X plan one way or another but there is always a better deal out there.

·
Registered
645 Posts
fxdwg said:

3% !!!!!!!

so, lets see. 3% ? dealership wanted 13000 sticker for the wifes car. so that would work out to 390 bucks profit according to you. so happens that she walked out paying 11000. are you trying to say that the dealership had to pay to have my old lady drive a dodge? not likely. dealerships mark up cars and trucks with the old game in mind many times.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mtnloverxtreme said:
fxdwg said:

3% !!!!!!!

so, lets see. 3% ? dealership wanted 13000 sticker for the wifes car. so that would work out to 390 bucks profit according to you. so happens that she walked out paying 11000. are you trying to say that the dealership had to pay to have my old lady drive a dodge? not likely. dealerships mark up cars and trucks with the old game in mind many times.
[snapback]717652[/snapback]​
exactly..

I recently looked at two exactly similar vehicles.. same model, same color, same packages... Everything was the exact same.... price between dealer A and dealer B were completely different. I am assuming dealer A sells more volume and can mark down a bit more than dealer B..... which dealer would you choose?? I don't have the luxury of having $100 bills falling out of my back pocket.

·
15,035 Posts
MSRP = Manufactures SUGGESTED Retail Price....

Invoice is what dealer is 'billed' for the vehicle.

They can sell it as slightly less depends on vehicle, options, amount of hold back, other regional and special or temporary pricing strategies.
Ford's A plan pricing is similar to GM's ?step? 2. Typically this is around 5% below invoice. The caveat for the dealer is that the factory makes up this difference and pays the dealer. Of course any rebates or other specials come off first and are billed out however they are set up. Then the A plan price difference is calc'ed. Coming from a dealer background myself they are not getting rich on each vehicle sold nor are they giving them away at any price. Its the most expensive appliance anyone will ever buy and as such there is always some wiggle room. Maybe not as much as a gallon of milk but who is going to argue with the store over that? Then again its not like you need a loan to buy it... at least not yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts