Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Superior 1,000 Website

It sure looks awesome!! Basically there are 4 checkpoints and you can get to the next checkpoint by whichever route you choose as long is it is on a snowmobile, doesn't cross Lake Superior, and respects landowners as well as state and county trail regulations/speed limits.

The legs between check points range (approximately) between 190 and 350 miles. That is a lot of miles in a day!!!

The purse isn't too shabby either: 1st: $8K; 2nd: $4K; 3rd: $2K and a $500 preem to the winner of each stage!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
driftjumper said:
Superior 1,000 Website

It sure looks awesome!! Basically there are 4 checkpoints and you can get to the next checkpoint by whichever route you choose as long is it is on a snowmobile, doesn't cross Lake Superior, and respects landowners as well as state and county trail regulations/speed limits.

The legs between check points range (approximately) between 190 and 350 miles. That is a lot of miles in a day!!!

The purse isn't too shabby either: 1st: $8K; 2nd: $4K; 3rd: $2K and a $500 preem to the winner of each stage!
[snapback]704170[/snapback]​
the web site has nothing about dates, entry fees, or qualifications. there is a 30 sled limit too. it has to be full....right?

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
This is slightly more realistic than my dream of someday running paris-dakar or the trans-amazon...

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
rampage said:
This is slightly more realistic than my dream of someday running paris-dakar or the trans-amazon...
[snapback]705050[/snapback]​
take it from someone who has run many PORs... that Paris-dakar is no picnic...

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
zdooman said:
take it from someone who has run many PORs... that Paris-dakar is no picnic...
[snapback]705234[/snapback]​
POR is the race in the UP? Did you ever place?
I've heard the trans-amazon is supposed to make paris-dakar look like a picnic. You don't even see it publicized anymore, but I've heard they still run it, it's just all underground due to all the unstable governments and rebel/guerilla regions you have to go through...

More realistically, I think I might try to run the six days of michigan some year, but it's hard to find anyone else who want's to do it...

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
define place.... in the 80s just finishing was placing.... (not DNF...) and yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts