Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much are the mounting kits for the summit shield? I bought a tall windshield that was supposedly a "new takeoff" with everything but i got a used, somewhat scratched with no mounting summit shield. Buyer beware I guess. Anyhow how much are the mounting kits for these things?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info

·
Registered
45 Posts
skidoo said:
thanks for the info
[snapback]274047[/snapback]​
I just installed a Summit windshield, I used the darts and grommets from my original handle bar mounted windshield. Had to use one extra gromment since the original windshield only used 4 gromments. Drilled 9/16" holes and worked great. Do not need to spend the $21.00 for the kit! you just need an extra gromment!

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
luv2ride said:
skidoo said:
thanks for the info
[snapback]274047[/snapback]​
I just installed a Summit windshield, I used the darts and grommets from my original handle bar mounted windshield. Had to use one extra gromment since the original windshield only used 4 gromments. Drilled 9/16" holes and worked great. Do not need to spend the $21.00 for the kit! you just need an extra gromment!

GOOD LUCK!

[snapback]275125[/snapback]​
What about the stand-off for the center and the side supports? 21 bucks to do it right is the way I would do it.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one set aside(kit) for me at the dealer. I want the supports so the shield doesn't wobble at speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.