Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting a new sled and need some input on these two models. I don't need the usual summit for the mountains and renegade for the trails and a bit of boondocking. I need specifics, sc2 and sc3 pros and cons, ride quality, bottoming resistance, amount of effort needed to lay them over, top speeds, etc. Thanks in advance.

Alex

·
Registered
37 Posts
We have both the shorter races the summit 151 out of the hole then the renegage goes by it has mebbe 5 mph more top speed it has 136X15X2

·
Registered
19 Posts
First off, both are great sleds, you'll love either one.
I ride a '04 gade with a 2" lug track and one of my riding partners has a '04 159" highmark. I've spent quite a bit of time on his in both powder and on trails.
The renagade does take more effort to lay over in the powder due to the wider stance. It has much better trail handling though. As far as ride quality I really don't see any difference in the two.
If it helps you any, my buddy says he's trading the summit for a new gade this spring. His [email protected]# with the summit is that it takes alot of the challenge out of mountain riding. It will go just about anywhere with very little rider skill or input.
The gade is faster on top end. Less track higher gearing.
I have geared mine down 1 tooth on the top for more power. Also, if you do alot of off trail riding, I suggest a straight 47° helix as found on the summit. This helps to reduce the gade's tendancy to trench in the deep.
Good luck with witch ever you choose!

Chris

·
Registered
670 Posts
If you are not riding specifically in the mnts or deep snow, 3' and deeper, i would get the Gade with 1.75 lug track for when you want to go into the deeper snow. i have a Summit and my friend has a Gade with the 1.25 track. his sled rides really nice and it is fun to drive, but if we go off the trail he is struggling because of the track. i love my Summit but on the trails you can tell you have that extra track length back there, but i got my Summit to ride in deep snow and the Mtns and that is where it shines.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
The Renegade is made to be the best of both worlds and now with the 136x16 it has a 144 footprint. I have the 1.25 and it is plenty unless you are in feet of snow and not on the trail much ( because you trench it and then I send you in the woods
) I love mine and now with the riser it is great. I say Gade and don't look back.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have 2" track on my 'gade also. I have never ridden a summit so I guess I can't compare the two. I love my 'gade, it rocks off trail in 42" of powder, and it still handles real good, and soaks up the stutters on trail. I do believe the adrenaline package is too soft. I was going through some 2-3 rollers at about 35-40 and it would bottom on some of the square edge ones. Rear springs were on 3. I weigh 195. If you are going to mix it up, stay with the 'Gade. Later, Sxrlar.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an 04 800 Renegade x and a 04 Summit highmark. The Renegade can handle just about anything. The Summit is awesome in the mountains, can climb anything the Renegade is decent in the mountains a little more difficult to lay on its side because of the double carbide skis. The summit is a horrible trail sled, i suggest if you get the summit put simmon skis on it to reduce darting I think overall the Renegade is a better sled unless you strictly live in the mountains. The only complaint about the Renegade would have to be the precision skis, too much push off in corners.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a 2004 summit 600 ho aderline with a 144x16x2 track i have never got to ride a gade. i weigh abot 110-120 geard up and of the trail in 6-10 inches of snow it is really easy for me to pull it over on the moutain or on flat swamp. on the trail i ride there reall bumpy and zig zaggy but i can woop my freinds zr. if your more of a trail person get the gade if your more of an off the trail guy get the summit in the end its your choise

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have a summit and I think it works pretty good on the trails. You have to go with the X package though because the adrebaline is too soft. I have never rode a gade but I'm sure it would work better on the rough because of the sc3 rear but the summit holds it's own. When you get off trail there is no comparison because the narrow ski stance makes it so much easier to manuver. Either one I'm sure you'll be happy. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

·
Registered
562 Posts
HI,ALEXD, I OWN BOTH A SUMMIT REV X 800 AND A RENEGADE ADRENALINE 600, IF YOUR NOT INTO THE STEEP AND DEEP THEN THE RENEGADE IS THE SLED. THE RENEGADE HANDLES LIKE AN MXZ BECAUSE IT IS AN MXZ,LONGER TRACK VERSION, IT RIDES AWESOME AND SOAKS UP THE MOGULS VERY WELL.AND CORNERS VERY WELL, I HAVE A 136 X 2" TRACKON MINE AND THAT MADE IT A BETTER DEEPER SNOW SLED. IT IS HARDER TO PLAY WITH THOUGH, MEANING HARDER TO ROLL ON ONE SKI THAN A SUMMIT DUE TO THE WIDER SKI STANCE, IT WILL SPIN OUT OF THE HOLE HARDER THAN A SUMMIT SINCE THE SUMMIT HAS A MOUNTAIN REAR SUSPENSION, RENEGADE HAS THE MXZ WITH COUPLER BLOCKS, THE SUMMIT ON THE OTHER HAND HAS A GREAT TORQUEY FEEL AND TRANSFERS WEIGHT VERY GOOD OUT OF THE HOLE THE SUMMIT COMPARING EQUAL CC'S TO THE RENGADE IS PROBABLY QUICKER BUT IN THE LONG RUN THE GADE WILL HAVE THE EDGE. THE SUMMIT IS A NORROWER SKI STANCE AND IS VERY EASY TO PULL OVER ON ONE SKI, IT FLOATS IN THE SNOW GREAT AND CLIMBS VERY WELL. THE SUMMIT WILL NOT CORNER VERY WELL AND THE RIDE IS STIFFER ON THE MOGULS, GOOD, BUT THE GADE RIDES SMOOTHER, ALL IN ALL THEY ARE BOTH AWESOME MACHINES, IF TRAILS AND A LITTLE OFF ROAD PLAYING ARE WHAT YOU LIKE THE GADE WILL DO GREAT, UPGRADE THE TRACK TO 16 X 1 3/4 X 136 AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY IF YOU CLIMBING AND LOTS OF DEEP POWDER NO DOUBT THE SUMMIT IS THE CHOICE, GOOD LUCK ON YOUR DESCION, PS IF YOUR BUYING A RENGADE GET THE X PACKAGE THE BARS ARE TALLER LIKE THE 440 RACERS BARS AND THAT ALONE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE.,COMAPRED TO THE ADRENALINES. HOPE THIS HELPS GREGG.

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. After carefull consideration, a nice ride yesterday, and a couple of drinks in the evening, I have come to a decision.............

The summit it is!

Now..........which motor do I go for? I hope they put the Power TEK in the summit for next year.
Thanks again.

Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts