Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a friend looking for some rails. i told him that 2008 were different and 2009 2010 are the same since when i orderd my ice age rails he asked if i had a 2008 because the rails were diff then 09/10

now looking at the part numbers all 3 years are different?

help!

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
just tell him to buy that timbersled skid on S&M for $1000...thats a sweet deal.

As far as all the rail part #'s I have always been told and read the 08/09 are the same. The 10's have the longer shock and different mounting point and a possible different attack angle. I did read somewhere someone mountained 10 rails on an 09 and drilled a hole for the shorter shock. I have no idea what this would do to the geometry of the skid though.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Why not just tell him to order frome ice age? What year sled does he have? And what size rails does he need? I have a set of 08' 146 rails for sale $150

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Why not just tell him to order frome ice age? What year sled does he have? And what size rails does he need? I have a set of 08' 146 rails for sale $150
Just for information sake, IceAge rails, $350 US, plus $150 US shipping (to get the UPS Express shipping where you don't have to pay any brokerage fees. UPS can charge up to %65 of the products value for brokerage and other customs fees so when you get the UPS Express, they include it, other wise you are paying for shipping and then brokerage fees) then you still pay duty on these items (GST) plus the exchange. So now you are just under $600 Cdn for rails. Oh you wanted them Black? $700

·
Registered
20 Posts
i get stuff from the u.s often, and you dont pay duty on anything built in canada or the u.s. Also if you get stuff shipped to an american adress, the freight is minimal than you drive across and pick up[this is easy since i live 35 minutes from the border] and all you pay is the g.s.t which you pay in canada anyways

·
lay the smack down
2,961 Posts
UPS - get it labeled as a warranty repair item being returned, with a lower value, and UPS will not charge brokerage fees..

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
UPS - get it labeled as a warranty repair item being returned, with a lower value, and UPS will not charge brokerage fees..
taken from the iceage site and many other retailers have the same opinion, and really, why should they put their neck on the line.

"Shipping to Canada and other friendlies, eh?
When our product leaves the USA, CUSTOMers get CUSTOMized transit times that we are unable to predict or hasten. Also, additional duty, taxes, and brokerage fees may apply and can cost in excess of $100/shipment; these fees are levied by your government and UPS and are out of our control. Therefore, we encourage you to exercise patience as you await your package and be thankful for your governing body, it's associated bureaucracy, and crimson tape.

UPS Worldwide Expedited costs more but includes the customs and duty fees and moves through the system considerably faster; you get what you pay for.

Please do not ask us to 'accidentally' mark the shipment as a gift to avoid paying duty, we will have nothing to do with such shenanigans."

By the way, I think the 08/09/10 rail differences has been confirmed and 08/09's are the same, but the different attack angle on the 2010's along with the longer shock, thus having a different front mountain point don't make it a rail you can cross use without further modification.

·
Extreme Warantee Tester
1,418 Posts
I've been bent over by UPS too many times to remember. every time I buy from the US, I will PHONE and ask to ship USPS....if they can't, I will use DHL or FedEx. My Ice Age rails were shipped FedEx with no extra fees.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have ordered the suspension upgrade for my 08 XP 154 summit. It is listed in the back of the 2011 accessorie catalog. the cost is $500 and it consist of new rails, new longer shock, longer limiter strap and suspension arms. this will allow the 08 and 9 to steer as easy as the 2010's. Once you compare an 08 to a 10 the difference is remarkably better.

Streakn deakon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts