Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for next winter what are you people going to do to your ski-doo's this summer? I am going to get some clutch springs(230-380,230-390,250-380),ramps(283's,286's,287's295's),some gears(27,24top,38,39,40,42,43),chains(68,70,72,74pitch),Dalton ultimate pin kit.
That guy with the HTG xcr won't even know what pass him(I hope anyways).

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
halfway thru changin the single piped tripple into a tripple tripple.... just need rave springs and primary pin weights and a spring left i think...

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
I am putting the first year 583 motor in the first year Mach Z chassis. Odd project but it's for a friend here at work. Maybe then I can get back to my projects that seem never ending. Also trying to decide if I should use the Ice Age rails with my stock skid and buy a new track or keep the freshly rebuilt stock skid.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Changed over my coils to HO coils. Made a new wiring harness. Removed all my gauges and added a VDO recall tach. Made my hood into a take off hood while maintaining the structure of the front bumper. Removed the oil injection.

Still on the list for summer grass drags:
-Add Cyberdyne temp gauge
-Tighten and replace chisels
-change out heavy adjustable pins to lightweight adjustable pins
-plumb up my K&N filters
-finish mounting rear tunnel enclosure
-buy and install lower half of clutch enclosure
-weld up a set of wear bars
-install quick disconnects and make a cooling cart

G

·
ho coils done. 8" billit wheel kit done. re paint pipes done. bulkhead protecters next. probably leave everything else the same as last year. she ran darn good. maybe play with clutching a little more when the snow starts flying.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there a differince with non ho and ho coils?and does my 96 mach z have them and if not where can I get some?

G

·
Is there a differince with non ho and ho coils?and does my 96 mach z have them and if not where can I get some?
you know i never did get the output specs on the ho coils but everyone swears by em and you get to run some good fat wires of your choice with em. no your stock 96 coils are not ho coils. the ones everyone is using are the evinrude sierra outboard marine coils. hotter spark. easyer on the stator. quicker starts. just done mine with msd wires and caps. for $100

·
Registered
668 Posts
95 mach z. 2000 miles installing a sc3, 1.25 ripsaw. front hpg racing shocks. ski widening kit. donnies coils, clutches rebuilt (stay stock), possibly donnies new spin balancer for clutch, 2 inch risers, and dropping 2 teeth on top sprocket. i think thats about it. yeah

·
Registered
881 Posts
here is my formula 3 600 laydown project.
- chassis is a s-2000
- wahl 121 rear skid
- pro stock front shocks
- wahl seat
- wahl tank
- 38 rack carbs
- my own porting
- decked cylinders with head with inserts
still more to be added

Attachments

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
I think Donny's clutch balance would be a good thing. But then again, I kick stock Mach's butts so how could it get any better?

·
Registered
668 Posts
you know i never did get the output specs on the ho coils but everyone swears by em and you get to run some good fat wires of your choice with em. no your stock 96 coils are not ho coils. the ones everyone is using are the evinrude sierra outboard marine coils. hotter spark. easyer on the stator. quicker starts. just done mine with msd wires and caps. for $100
hey remember me? what did u doo to mount the coils?

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
You can open up the gap more than stock on the plugs and helps with fouling issues also. I use the Nology Hot wires with the in-line capacitor and the ground strap.

Mounting them you can either modify the stock coil plates or make some small steel straps as adapters.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
I think Donny's clutch balance would be a good thing. But then again, I kick stock Mach's butts so how could it get any better?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it right?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
This is for next winter what are you people going to do to your ski-doo's this summer? I am going to get some clutch springs(230-380,230-390,250-380),ramps(283's,286's,287's295's),some gears(27,24top,38,39,40,42,43),chains(68,70,72,74pitch),Dalton ultimate pin kit.
That guy with the HTG xcr won't even know what pass him(I hope anyways).
sit and stare at my sled and pray for a snowy winter

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts