Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Summer fun

1K views 40 replies 29 participants last post by  ny400ex 
#1 ·
I was looking @ buying a summer toy...i am stuck between a Honda 450 quad, are a KLX 300 dirt bike. I was wanting to know what others like to ride...any insite would be nice. Skimp

See less See more
#2 ·
i have an old honda enduro that i ride in the summer that i absolutly love. I can kick it over right in the driveway and do all my playing. I also have a 2003 rincon and honestly i use the 87 enduro 5 times more because of the convinence...just my 2 cents worth....

#4 ·
I like two wheels in the summer (RM 125). I have no use for a 4 wheeler. The dirt bike keeps me in shape, I enjoy the throttle response and I like working on the motor. I wouldn't know how to work on my sled if it wasn't for learning how on my dirt bike. Plus the riding style of the rev is similar.

#11 ·
Buy a stand up jet-ski they are pretty cheap to pick up a used one and really really easy to mod out..........i have a 88 kawi and its moded out like no other (runs 55mph on gps with me on it 185lbs) i will get some pics on here soon but seriously its a awesome workout riding stand ups and you seriously can not beat chick in bikini's!!!!!.......come on fellas you know what i am talking about

#17 ·

QUAD

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a Honda XR 250 which is very comparable to the Kawi KLX 300. I love the bike...in the trails or open it's MUCH more fun than four wheels. If you're looking to just ride around and have fun, two wheels is definately the way to go. However, if you might use if for anything practical go with four wheels. I'd say that's a pretty good bike for all around riding.

Regarding the "dirt bikes not being allowed where four-wheelers are," enduro and/or dual sport bikes (the KLX and XRs are enduros) are allowed everywhere that four wheelers are. The moto-x bikes (CR, KX, etc) aren't allowed on any place but a race track (or private land with permission).

Good luck with your decision, but for now THINK SNOW!!!!!

Attachments

#22 ·
winter_rules said:
I have a Honda XR 250 which is very comparable to the Kawi KLX 300. I love the bike...in the trails or open it's MUCH more fun than four wheels. If you're looking to just ride around and have fun, two wheels is definately the way to go. However, if you might use if for anything practical go with four wheels. I'd say that's a pretty good bike for all around riding.

Regarding the "dirt bikes not being allowed where four-wheelers are," enduro and/or dual sport bikes (the KLX and XRs are enduros) are allowed everywhere that four wheelers are. The moto-x bikes (CR, KX, etc) aren't allowed on any place but a race track (or private land with permission).

Good luck with your decision, but for now THINK SNOW!!!!!

[snapback]297931[/snapback]​
uhhh what are you talking about i trail rode my 99kx 250 all the time!!!!! it makes you a much more technical rider than being on a track all of the turns and obsticles that you have to encounter......its a really good thing to do inbetween races...trust me you learn a lot, its waaaaaay different than riding on an open track...........you can take moto-x bikes a lot more places than just a race track.........sand dunes, dnr trails, orv parks.....etc......

#24 ·
02800mxzx said:
uhhh what are you talking about i trail rode my 99kx 250 all the time!!!!! it makes you a much more technical rider than being on a track all of the turns and obsticles that you have to encounter......its a really good thing to do inbetween races...trust me you learn a lot, its waaaaaay different than riding on an open track...........you can take moto-x bikes a lot more places than just a race track.........sand dunes, dnr trails, orv parks.....etc......
[snapback]298021[/snapback]​
Uhhhh, I'm talking about riding on legal trails such as the Trailpass system in NYS or around Tug Hill. Of course you "can" trail ride a moto-x bike; you could do the same with a Harley. im.....sorry...if...i....offended.....you. I'm referring to NYS, maybe where you live it's different. I should have clarified. By the way, nice sled

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.