Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking @ buying a summer toy...i am stuck between a Honda 450 quad, are a KLX 300 dirt bike. I was wanting to know what others like to ride...any insite would be nice. Skimp

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i have an old honda enduro that i ride in the summer that i absolutly love. I can kick it over right in the driveway and do all my playing. I also have a 2003 rincon and honestly i use the 87 enduro 5 times more because of the convinence...just my 2 cents worth....

·
Registered
745 Posts
I like two wheels in the summer (RM 125). I have no use for a 4 wheeler. The dirt bike keeps me in shape, I enjoy the throttle response and I like working on the motor. I wouldn't know how to work on my sled if it wasn't for learning how on my dirt bike. Plus the riding style of the rev is similar.

·
Shoooow meeee the POWDER!!
3,849 Posts
I'd go for the 450R, but then again I like quads better than dirtbikes. I've got a 400EX that keeps me busy throughout the summer.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have a DS650, and I love it. BUT- I still miss having a dirtbike, and one of these days I will buy one. Your call, but I would say go for the bike.

·
Registered
745 Posts
YOU DON'T NEED ANY SKILLS TO RIDE A QUAD, TWO WHEELS KEEPS YOU ON YOUR TOES AND IN SHAPE. I WISH I COULD AFFORD TO BUY MORE WINTER

·
Registered
145 Posts
Buy a stand up jet-ski they are pretty cheap to pick up a used one and really really easy to mod out..........i have a 88 kawi and its moded out like no other (runs 55mph on gps with me on it 185lbs) i will get some pics on here soon but seriously its a awesome workout riding stand ups and you seriously can not beat chick in bikini's!!!!!.......come on fellas you know what i am talking about

·
Registered
184 Posts
I can't believe you guys are even discussing this in early Feb., you are really bringing me down. It's like going to the mall and seeing bathing suits out already!

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
Dirt bike. I own a honda cr250r which is a beast and a half. That really works me...(Its forsale, anyone want it)serious

·
Registered
89 Posts
mopars&mxz said:
This is what i ride in for fun in the summer. Racing gas is the only thing that smells better than 2 stroke.

[snapback]297824[/snapback]​
Sweet! 68? what power? whats it run?

·
E-Tec Rules
33,564 Posts

QUAD

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have a Honda XR 250 which is very comparable to the Kawi KLX 300. I love the bike...in the trails or open it's MUCH more fun than four wheels. If you're looking to just ride around and have fun, two wheels is definately the way to go. However, if you might use if for anything practical go with four wheels. I'd say that's a pretty good bike for all around riding.

Regarding the "dirt bikes not being allowed where four-wheelers are," enduro and/or dual sport bikes (the KLX and XRs are enduros) are allowed everywhere that four wheelers are. The moto-x bikes (CR, KX, etc) aren't allowed on any place but a race track (or private land with permission).

Good luck with your decision, but for now THINK SNOW!!!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts