Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the forum is kinda dead and my garage still looks like a snowmobile exploded in it LOL.

Just got my rails back from powder coating (black) and hope to re-assemble / re-install my rear skid in the coming days, including a HD center shock lower shaft from Rock Suspension. Clutches are back from milleylabradorrider (Andrew Milley in Lab West) for a trial run this Fall and I'm waiting for my ECU and muffler back from Boost Engineering to reassemble. That last piece has been slower than I would like but hoping that parts head back this way this week.

What has been moving along nicely in the background is a vintage 1991 Arctic Cat Jag AFS LT project. This one came to me in pretty good shape but badly needed a good servicing. It is almost ready to go out the door once I complete the fiberglass cargo box repairs.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mapping a few new trails. Gathering gear for the new remote camp. Not super active towards winter but it’s always on my mind
That's better. Map study always a plus. I picked up one of those beefed up Rock Suspension center shock lower shafts on my last rebuild, see how that one takes a pounding. Skid is almost ready to go back in the chassis now.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
That's funny. Start buying your accessories now if you haven't already!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
what I did last season for my 2022 was to order all my accessories separate from the sled. You’ll get the stuff way sooner then if you wait for the dealer to have their “bulk” order come in. I’ve recommended this to many but I don’t know if their dealers won’t do it, or if the person won’t do it. My dealer was great, all parts arrived I told them I would purchase them in bulk once everything was there and by I think early October I had the snowmobile and ordered accessories.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rebuilt the engine on my 2010 600...bore job,mcb pistons,crank seals,water pump seals and impeller.
Moved on to the skid.new bearings in all the wheels,sliders,went to duel limiter straps,drive shaft bearings.
New chain and sprockets.
Pretty much done unless I think of anything 😂

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just getting around to installing a new short block in my 2009 Summit 800 - motor went poof on the last ride of the season (better than the first eh?) Sled had just turned 5000 km earlier that day. I was already thinking, yeah it's about time for this one to go....haha. Lower rod bearing - wiped out the cases too.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Got a few sleds on the go right now the 93 Skandic needs to get finished mostly small stuff other than the seat. a 77 Everest 340 needs more engine work than I thought and a Blizzard 5500 that is a basketcase but I have all the bits to save it so I might as well!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts