Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Backcountry 800. I was only able to ride once this year and went 200 miles. The sled is still at 50% break in and it looks like I'm putting it away for the year. Is there anything special I should do to summarize a sled that is only half way broken in? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks Smitty!
My first Doo and love the feature.
No problem! I agree. Makes putting the sleds away a much easier task with this feature.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I summerized my two sleds with 99% break-in left. Here's a tip I posted, as some are having trouble to get the program to work. I had trouble with my first sled, but if you use this tip the Oil program will work right away.

Well, with the lack of snow this year, and zero miles (0.5) on my two new 2016 Blizzard 800 etecs I decided to put them to sleep for the summer. After attempting to summerize the 1st sled exactly as the owners manual states, I was unable to get it to read the "PUSH S" text across the screen, to continue the procedure. What I found after a couple of attempts, is that I was pushing the HI/LO button to where it was "Clicking" Hi-Lo-Hi- Lo, etc. Do not push the button that far in! Only push it to the point that you see the Hi Beam indicator on the gauge go On & Off, as fast as you can. The owners manual should state this, but it Does not. So after figuring this out doing it on my first sled, I did the second sled this way. I pushed the HI/ LO rapidly only enough to see the Hi indicator come on, but Not far enough to have the button "Click", all the way in. Then pushed the "S" switch while doing so, etc. and the "Push S" message came across the screen right away. I know some have had difficulty getting this procedure to work, so maybe this tip will help. It did for me, perfectly!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I summerized my two sleds with 99% break-in left. Here's a tip I posted, as some are having trouble to get the program to work. I had trouble with my first sled, but if you use this tip the Oil program will work right away.

Well, with the lack of snow this year, and zero miles (0.5) on my two new 2016 Blizzard 800 etecs I decided to put them to sleep for the summer. After attempting to summerize the 1st sled exactly as the owners manual states, I was unable to get it to read the "PUSH S" text across the screen, to continue the procedure. What I found after a couple of attempts, is that I was pushing the HI/LO button to where it was "Clicking" Hi-Lo-Hi- Lo, etc. Do not push the button that far in! Only push it to the point that you see the Hi Beam indicator on the gauge go On & Off, as fast as you can. The owners manual should state this, but it Does not. So after figuring this out doing it on my first sled, I did the second sled this way. I pushed the HI/ LO rapidly only enough to see the Hi indicator come on, but Not far enough to have the button "Click", all the way in. Then pushed the "S" switch while doing so, etc. and the "Push S" message came across the screen right away. I know some have had difficulty getting this procedure to work, so maybe this tip will help. It did for me, perfectly!
X2. I was looking for your post because I read it the other day but couldn't find it so I took screen shots of the manual. I wish they would put that tip in the manual. The first time I tried this a few years ago it took me a few attempts because I was pressing the hi/lo button to far in. But once you figure it out its simple.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Fell bad for you guys. Come north lots of riding here. Did 200 miles tonight

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Hey folks remember engine has to be at least "warm" before you do the button sequence. (Not sure if it will work "cold"?)

See step #2 in the list posted above. . . . Best if you can ride it a little to get all the moisture out of the warm up cycle but without snow about all we can do is run it on a stand for awhile. . . .

Here it to a better 2017!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts