Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, New member, first time poster

I bought a Summit Edge 165 2022 for powder in MT. Immediately took a powder lesson from a seasoned mountain guide in MT. He and everyone else from lodge rode Polaris. He jumped on my sled to show me counter steer, etc etc. and struggled. He then got out his Polaris and was amazing, no issues. He was shocked...Said “we don’t see many Ski-Doos around here, very hard to balance and keep on edge.” He commented tho at high speeds the sled was more stable on groomed trail than his.

Any insights on this? Do I have a bad set-up, any mods to improve the ease of riding in powder (Beside buying a 2023 which seems to emphasize fixing these problems, lol)?

Spent a lot of $ hoping there is something I can do to improve it.

Thank you

·
Registered
71 Posts
There is a lot to be said for being accustomed to a certain chassis. RMK's and Summit's behave very differently, but you have a very capable machine. Go watch some YT vids and see what people are capable of on your machine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
How do you feel about how it handles? That is the most important part and not how someone else likes it. You need to talior your sled for you. Set up the suspension to the way you like it and go from there. I have ridden the same sled as mine with a different suspension setup and it was a totally different machine. There are youtube videos showing how to set up the suspension. They help show what each shock and limiter strap does and which ones to tighten and loosen to achieve what you are trying to accomplish. It can be a bit complicated but you would be amazed of how much of a difference your sled will handle with just little adjustments here and there. I used to just ride my sleds stock suspension settings. I didn't realize how much I was holding myself back until I started playing with the settings and found the setup that made my sled so much easier to ride for me.

·
Prospect
768 Posts
It has been said already, learn your sled and learn how to ride it and set your suspension up for your writing style and the conditions you ride in. I'm sure it's an awesome sled once you get it figured out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys, thanks. It’s good to hear only nuance difference between the brands.

Sounds like some study, time in saddle, and a few tweaks will get me where I want to go, I’ll report in after next season.

Thanks again

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you feel you need more stability, get rid of t-motion. You can use c-motion rear arm, original doo parts and cost is around 300-350$.

Pol and Doo riding philosophy is totally different. Learn to use your skis and counter steering, that is the key. Learn the difference in handling when you are standing in the front of the boards and center of the boards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts