Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey looking for a little insight. stupid question time. 2 things i just put a TSS can on my 03 800 and i love it deffinitely loose some top end but bottom end pull is great and before anyone gets bent out of shape i trailer it out to the middle of no where so i don't ride trails at all.

2 things i noticed were my top end rpm is way down, like 7400 is it normal to loose rpm and have to adjust clickers with a can?

and the second thing is the noise coming from my clutches (i realize this has nothing to do with the can)... when i was rebuilding after my early season wreck i noticed my pto seal was popping out about 1/8 inch... its a short season here so i am planning on splitting the case in the summer and putting a new one in but in the mean time i carefully tapped it back in evenly then put airdoo's retainer on it. sled has been running great but when i was out riding this weekend i noticed quite a noise coming from what sounds like my primary... and i can't remember if i heard it before. hard to tell what it sounds like but it increases and decreases accordingly with rpm and it almost sounds like a dry bearing but i don't know it could just be normal primary noise?

anyone have any ideas?

jeff

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I would pop off the removable part of the primary and tear it apart and inspect all of the parts. Make sure your rollers aren't sticking and also inspect the cotter pins. I have seen more than one break. Its a game of process of elimination. Not sure if any harm was done with tapping the pto seal back in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.