Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got to Cadillac at 11:00am saturday, two blown belts, two broken motor mounts, and a major coolant leak later, it was 3:00pm and we were an hour from the motel.
That ZRT 600 will not be going on the trails with me again.
My buddy will be switching to the DOO.
Then all will be well. The trails were pretty nice for the hour or so we got to ride.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Had a great weekend ride . The more I ride that 1000 x the more I like it. Once I got her dialed in hang on tight she is a neck stretcher. Ran against a Kitty, It was a 600 frame with a 900 triple , piped and ported. There were nine other riders at the lake and he was showing off to how fast it is and it is fast. Didn`t take much to get him to race across the lake,a bit over 1/4 mile. Well I spanked that Kittys butt three times.Sure took the air out of sail.
Im loven it, all we hear around here is cat this cat that , well cat got spanked .

·
Registered
108 Posts
Know all about it, have been out his year 3 times with a friend of mine we now call him boom boom. the first ride he blew a piston, replaced it that week then the following week end blow the other piston, replaced that and noticed that when he had changed his clutch spring ( to get some more pepper out of the 94 zr 700) he did not line up the clutch and corrected that. that following week end we went out and about 3 hrs from home in the bush his crank snaped off at the clutch, left the cat and doubled home. repair it that week and If you can belive this the crazy fu** when out and bought a newer 99 zr 700. He hates the fact that I ride a 98 MXZ 670 and love it.
cheers
do the doo
Steely

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We dropped into the Kitty dealer in Cadillac to get a new belt and figure out our belt issue. There was a ZRT 900 (modded 800) on a trailer, we went over and talked to the guy, he seized her up tight.
Bad day for him too. Service guy came out and looked at my buddies 600, took one look at it and said the motor mount was broke, we didn't even notice it til then.
He had just replaced that same mount days ago. As it turns out the left front mount was broken also but you couldn't tell by looking at it, so the left rear mount was taking all the torque and broke again.
We tried to nurse it through the day, but he hit an ice expansion out on the lake, which we beleive is the cause of his coolant leak. A leak that was slow enough that we didn't notice it until it was too late.
Temp light came on in the middle of nowhere, system was dry. So I rode back to the motel, got the truck and trailer and went back for him. Luckily, we were close enough to M-55 that he worked on getting the sled to M-55 while I rode back to Cadillac. This weekend should go much better, just Doos going this time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Most AC guys are die hards and have the same song and dance about Doos breaking down. I own both and the Doo's (mxz800 and mxz700) has the Cat (zr900) hands down in reliability. This is my second zr900, the first one had something break every trip out. But the zr900 out of the box is fast but ain't no fun getting towed by your buddies on Doos (only happened once). So I am sure there are stories for both sides, but for me Doos and Yami's have the fit and finish as well as the reliability down pat. Doos are way more fun to ride though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts