Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making a few powder turns today and hit a rock buried beneath the snow. Bucked me off, flipped the sled over and when I went to roll the machine back over I noticed that the ski that took the impact had literally flipped upside down and backwards 180 degress (I should've taken a picture but did not). Anyways, we put the machine on it's side and pulled the ski back to its original position and it seems to be riding fine but I'm wondering:

1. Has this ski flip ever happened to anyone else before?

2. Do you think I'm missing something when I can't see any damage. This ski has a bit of a wow in it now but nothing major. I can't see any other damage

·
Registered
508 Posts
I can't understand how a ski would be flipped 180 and upside down and not come off the sled

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think he means the ski folded under itself?

If it's riding good and you can't see anything bent, both skis line up then call it good and get a new ski

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the ski folded under itself

·
Far from cheap, but really close to broke!
5,880 Posts
I go through a few isolators a season. They get mangled pretty easy when you carve hard

·
Registered
307 Posts
new spindles are ****. go through a set each trip. i bring spares now. look at MUNSTER they have a solution.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took a look at the ski/spindles/isolator/etc....once again and couldn't find any real damage (isolator is still there) other than a bit of a bend in the ski which is pretty minor. I think I got lucky.

·
Registered
307 Posts
throw some C&As on there, youll never fold a ski again.. :)

·
Slednuck
1,982 Posts
DS3 skis are bad for this.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have done that a few times and not blown out the rubber, have had it blow out 3 times from it also, on my '13 summit and on my T3. I watched my buddy do it in low snow conditions while doing a POW turn, his sled flipped right over and bucked him off. No damage whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts