Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Kordon said:
05 Mach Z What is the proper amount of studs? I want traction but don't want it to push in the corners. What type are recommended? Thanks
[snapback]273162[/snapback]​
i put 192 megabites(1175) in one and 192 (1375) stud boys in the other , aside from bending i like the bigger ones better all around

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kordon said:
05 Mach Z What is the proper amount of studs? I want traction but don't want it to push in the corners. What type are recommended? Thanks
Thanks, anybody else?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kordon said:
Kordon said:
Thanks, anybody else?
[snapback]273296[/snapback]​
I used 144 1.4 stud boys. hooks up nice--1000miles and no bent or damaged studs yet. You need to use the taller tunnel protectors.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mach Daddy said:
168 Woody gold diggers (1.075) down the middle. Seems to work great! Haven't lost one yet 500 miles
[snapback]273437[/snapback]​
I used the same only with 96 down the middle and found that it was barely adequate for just trail riding. I'm thinking about adding another 48.

·
Registered
70 Posts
192 1.175 megabites with the standard woody's single/double pattern..Had it out on the ice monday for the first time..It carried the skis about 400ft with minimal spinning..Stock setup with clutching on #2....Seemed to be ok to me..but Iam 6'4" 260..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Kordon
FWIW if you use only 96 - 1.075 studs in the marked locations on the track, Doo will warranty the track if you tear out a stud. I know the traction is not ideal, but I like the idea of someone else paying for a track for a change.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kordon...You in? Did you buy?

I put 48 doubles (96 studs) down the center and 48 on the outside for 144 total.
I have the 1.25" ripsaw. My pattern is 2 doubles in center, 2 singles in outside 2 doubles in center, 2 singles in outside with the pattern repeating every 6 rows.

From what I've learned, a double backer provides a stiffer reaction and is equivalent to 3 singles.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I planned on using 48 doubles and 96 single backers on mine, but it has been at dealer waiting on ski/doo parts on backorder for 3 weeks now. I have never seen anything like this sleds blunder! I forgot I did too. The rings that they said were not bad on my 800 and thats right the rings on my wifes 600 also. Sorry off topic wish I could stud something, maybe another brand?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
bossboy said:
I planned on using 48 doubles and 96 single backers on mine, but it has been at dealer waiting on ski/doo parts on backorder for 3 weeks now. I have never seen anything like this sleds blunder! I forgot I did too. The rings that they said were not bad on my 800 and thats right the rings on my wifes 600 also. Sorry off topic wish I could stud something, maybe another brand?
[snapback]274569[/snapback]​
What parts are you waiting for??

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
irnhed said:
Kordon...You in? Did you buy?

I put 48 doubles (96 studs) down the center and 48 on the outside for 144 total.
I have the 1.25" ripsaw. My pattern is 2 doubles in center, 2 singles in outside 2 doubles in center, 2 singles in outside with the pattern repeating every 6 rows.

From what I've learned, a double backer provides a stiffer reaction and is equivalent to 3 singles.

[snapback]273971[/snapback]​
I'm in whoohoo! My dealer told me to wait for a couple hundred miles to stud, strech out the track first, you guys agree with that? I'm afraid I'll kill myself without studs.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Kordon said:
192 Woody's signature series, 1.075". I went with Woody's reccommendation. Mint.

·
Registered
678 Posts
They are waiting on decompresion plugs to do all updates (sparkplug, timming, oil cable, tps, etc). Wanted to use SC4 hyfax, now will settle for c7 replacements and their order for these was back orderd. Sounds like because the SC4 wear so fast that now the demand is for the C7's and now thats a sell out. The dealer said I could have the sled to ride, but this weekend is a 450+ mile ride and I will not slow up my riding freinds with my plug changing and the sliders rails would be junk. I told them I would wait it out as long as I had other sleds to ride. After talking to a couple of 600 sdi fireball spitting rider's they can't figure them out. Why would they produce and sell something that they don't understand and them expand sales on it ? Like I said this is off topic, sorry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts