Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has an '05 MXZ600X w/ a 1.25" track and an '04 MXZ600 standard w/ a 1.00" track that we're going to stud soon and neither of us know what we need for tunnel protection. Anyone help us out? Is it the same idea as the 1" cooler strips on my ZX chassis?

THX

Greg

·
Registered
709 Posts
As long as you do not go too long on the studs, all you need do is replace the cooler strips with taller ones. Call your dealer and he can tell your what size to use. I used 3/4" on my 03 1 1/4" track with no problems, but have heard some say to use 1".

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tinman said:
As long as you do not go too long on the studs, all you need do is replace the cooler strips with taller ones. Call your dealer and he can tell your what size to use. I used 3/4" on my 03 1 1/4" track with no problems, but have heard some say to use 1".
[snapback]261940[/snapback]​
The 1" track is getting 1.075" and the 1.25" track is getting 1.325" studs, just what's recomended. Do you know if the 3/4" cooler strips will fit both the '04 and the '05 X? How long are the cooler strips in the Rev? I just changed the ones on my '01 MXZ and I only had to buy one strip and cut it in half... 25" or so.

THX

Greg

·
Registered
709 Posts
I do not know exact length, but measure your tunnel. It's at least 36 to 42 inches. I bought my strips from Parts Unlimited dealer for about $10/each. You could call Bird's, Doo Talk Sponsor for the low down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.