Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my studs are hitting on my 06 Mach zx w/ 1.25" ripsaw and 144 1.325" Gold diggers. I'm running it tight too. I have the 1" protectors in and the studs are hitting right were the track bends in the tunnel. Anyone else having this problem? I also heard them hitting on top end runs. Guess I have to run it tighter. How tight it tight enough....until they stop hitting I know. However, any way to gauge it in the garage?

I personally think it is due to the ripsaw and the fingers bending over where the hit the protectors.

Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Kirch said:
my studs are hitting on my 06 Mach zx w/ 1.25" ripsaw and 144 1.325" Gold diggers. I'm running it tight too. I have the 1" protectors in and the studs are hitting right were the track bends in the tunnel. Anyone else having this problem? I also heard them hitting on top end runs. Guess I have to run it tighter. How tight it tight enough....until they stop hitting I know. However, any way to gauge it in the garage?

I personally think it is due to the ripsaw and the fingers bending over where the hit the protectors.

Anyone else having this problem?
[snapback]687709[/snapback]​
Mine did the same thing...... the Ripsaw will stretch when new, tighten her up and it will quit.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'm gonna take a tape and measure the clearance in a new Mach, then check my R/T Gade. I've been running 1.450 Megabites down the center of a 136 Ripsaw, loose, never touched. Twice now I've put 108 Studboy 1.625's down the outside belts to go play with the boys on the lake. They haven't hit. I do run the track a little tighter with the long studs in. 1" tunnel protectors. Could the Gade have more clearance than the Mach? Both R/T chassis, just added tunnel to make the Gade.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have heard the gade has more clearance. Wish they all had a lot of clearance I like to run em loose.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
KIRCH....all you had to do was read my thread on studding....i specifically posted pics for all you guys so you dont have this issue...its obvious you didnt read my thread.

one more time...

the 1-1/4 total height protectors come aftermarket with a TAPERED END.....

first thing you do,is purchase 3 of these(shadetree,parts unlimited ect)

then,you take 2 of them and CUT OFF TAPER.....so the ENTIRE lenght of protector is 1-1/4 inch tall before install.....

Now,slide those in to front...,they will now be too short since you cut off taper...now slide in the 3rd protector tall side in first...cut it off at angle where flap sits against tunnel.

repeat this again with another section of remainding peice...

so now you basically have a full 1-1/4 protector from front to back..the reason yours are hitting it the taper is a joke!...its only 1/2 inch tall there!...

run track tight,and dont BRAKE hard on top end hauls.

Dan

pic below,cutting off tapered end...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Machzed, Thats fine on a 1" track, but I believe with a 1 1/4" you will catch that untapered end when you use rer. The Gade with the 1 1/4 track came with the bulkhead protectors installed. The taper matches that protector. Must be more room in the Gade, I'm not even close with the 1.450's and the 1.625's have not touched.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ouch Danny.... you sound like my mom

I did read your posts and after PMing you, you thought I could get away w/ the 1" protectors w/ the 1.25" track and 1.325" studs......... did I miss something?

·
Registered
816 Posts
[quote name='Kirch' date='Jan 30 2006, 02:07 PM']

I did read your posts and after PMing you, you thought I could get away w/ the 1" protectors w/ the 1.25" track and 1.325" studs......... did I miss something?
[snapback]688238[/snapback]​
[/quote ski doo makes a ripsaw tunnel protector which is wider to prevent the track from folding over the protectors

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Kirch said:

[snapback]688238[/snapback]​
kirch..LOL..sorry for yelling!..

i posted the thread after i found the taper would POSSIBLY cause issues with my long studs,so i most likely pMD you back prior to my findings,and the thread about taper cutting off...with the ripsaw i still would do this setup,i dont think it can hurt .those lugs do band over easily..

you dont need to worry about taper where it meets bulk protector...what i did was cut a small 45 degree angle there,just incase in RER you might catch a lug,so that is the answer for ripsaw guys,common sense here guys!

dan

45 cut shown here for front where it meets bulkhead protector.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wish i knew about the ripsaw tunnel protectors before. Told sovies I had a ripsaw and they gave me the stock ones. Another bang up job by sovies.

i checked the track last night and it was a little loose...... I think if I run it tigher I'll be all set w/ this set up.... or do you guys think I should change em? it only scrubbed a few fins. My buddies 04 600ho is doing the same thing w/ 1" track.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Kirch said:
wish i knew about the ripsaw tunnel protectors before. Told sovies I had a ripsaw and they gave me the stock ones. Another bang up job by sovies.

i checked the track last night and it was a little loose...... I think if I run it tigher I'll be all set w/ this set up.... or do you guys think I should change em? it only scrubbed a few fins. My buddies 04 600ho is doing the same thing w/ 1" track.
[snapback]689655[/snapback]​
thats b/c SOVIE'S does not know there "edit for bad language" from a whole in the ground he sells Doos cheap but DO NOT bring your sled there for service or even parts??? Cause thats what you get the only thing he concerns his entire shop with his HARLEY DAVIDSON STUFF....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts