Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 2001 MXZ 700 with a 1.25" camoplast ripsaw track. I want to stud it according to the studding recomendations, i would have to get 1.5" studs. My question is will there be enough clearance between the studs and the tunnel/ heat exchanger/ bulkhead?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I run 1.075s with a .88 inch lug abd have never had a problem. Not sure if this helps. I see you location - I am from Delhi Ontario. LOL

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brutusmxz700 said:
I run 1.075s with a .88 inch lug abd have never had a problem. Not sure if this helps. I see you location - I am from Delhi Ontario. LOL
[snapback]713271[/snapback]​
haha that is funny Delhi-US, Delhi-Ontario.

Well anyone els got anything to add that would help in my situation?

·
Windsurfnut
2020 Ski-Soo MXZ XRS 850
1,239 Posts
I just put on a 1.25" Ripsaw on my 01 700 MXZ. I did lots of research and 1.325" was the reccommended length.
Jeff

·
Out of a job yet? Keep buying your foreign cars an
1,279 Posts
I've run up to 1.40's on my 01 with an 1.25" track with no problems.

Currently runn 1.375's in a 1.25" track.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would i have to get protectors under there or how do i tell what they look like if i already got them?

·
Registered
32 Posts
You will need to get tunnel protectors so your studs don't carve up your heat exchanger. They are two plastic bars that slide into the heat exchanger that go from end to end. They're easy to install if you don't have them and they're cheap also!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.