Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i studded my mach z with 144 1.075 woodys studs. after just 140 miles i am convinced they are not long enough. all i get is track spin. is 1.200 ok length to run? i have the one inch tunnel proctecters in. also would i be better off running chisels instead of the signature series i am running now. i run mostly on packed trails and feilds. some frozen lakes.

·
Registered
816 Posts
saint1000 said:
i studded my mach z with 144 1.075 woodys studs. after just 140 miles i am convinced they are not long enough. all i get is track spin. is 1.200 ok length to run? i have the one inch tunnel proctecters in. also would i be better off running chisels instead of the signature series i am running now. i run mostly on packed trails and feilds. some frozen lakes.
[snapback]303703[/snapback]​
i am running 1.175 megabites , hook up ok and are very durable

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would i be better with chisels or pics? i had 192 kwik pics in my 95 storm and that hooked like an animal. i have never tried chisels

·
Registered
15 Posts
saint1000 said:
would i be better with chisels or pics? i had 192 kwik pics in my 95 storm and that hooked like an animal. i have never tried chisels
[snapback]303789[/snapback]​
I'm using 144 stud boys that are about 1.4
You'll need to use the 1 1/2" protectors.
Hooks hard.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Chisels will wear out quickly. If it's extremely good hookup your looking for then 192 1.325 megabites is what you want. long 1" tunnel protectors and you have to keep your track tight or you will hit the front heat exchanger when your cogs jump (ratchet).

MZ

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i do not want to run in to problems hitting the heat exchangers, thats why i was thinking 1.2. im really interested in what would be better traction pics or chisels. i do not mind replacing every season if need be.

·
Registered
437 Posts
saint1000 said:
i do not want to run in to problems hitting the heat exchangers, thats why i was thinking 1.2. im really interested in what would be better traction pics or chisels. i do not mind replacing every season if need be.
[snapback]304029[/snapback]​
If you run chisels you will be replacing every weekend if you do any kind of trail riding,they are only good for racing they dont wear like carbides,not even close!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
You will if you ratchet, I have the same set up 1 1/4 with 1.45 megabites if you jump the cogs I guarantee you will hit the top of the front heat exchanger. I have made my bulk head protectors higher and I am currantly in the procees of having some made to be a replacement (one piece instead of adding to stock ones).

MZ

·
Registered
85 Posts
Chisels work great for Ice only. I went to the UP for 200 miles of good snow riding and replaced all my studs for ice drags last weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
MZ1100 said:
Chisels will wear out quickly. If it's extremely good hookup your looking for then 192 1.325 megabites is what you want. long 1" tunnel protectors and you have to keep your track tight or you will hit the front heat exchanger when your cogs jump (ratchet).

MZ
[snapback]304025[/snapback]​
What are you running for carbides? How does it handle the twisties?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts