Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I'm torn between going 144 or 192 and or 1.45 or 1.63? Just looking to trail ride mainly.. What are most people going with?

This will be in my 900R xrs when it shows up.
Automotive tire Black Rectangle Wood Triangle

144 /1.575, doubles & singles in a 4/2/4 pattern in a 1.25 rip II, all down the middle great for aggressive trail riding with good turning capabilities. If you hope to use the launch control you will need more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm torn between going 144 or 192 and or 1.45 or 1.63? Just looking to trail ride mainly.. What are most people going with?
I have been thinking about this for months. Was originally planning on 144 snow studs snipers down the center using double backers. I keep hearing of vibration issues using doubles? I also keep seeing pictures of 96 using the pre marked holes. 96 doesn't seem like enough studs for sled. I'm now thinking of doing 96 pre marked down center and then studing outside windows to make 144. Definitely curious on what others have to say here.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
This will be in my 900R xrs when it shows up. View attachment 1980106
144 /1.575, doubles & singles in a 4/2/4 pattern in a 1.25 rip II, all down the middle great for aggressive trail riding with good turning capabilities. If you hope to use the launch control you will need more.
Have you run this setup before? Did you get any vibration if so? I ran it on a 120 POO and had some vibration, I'm thinking maybe the studs were not pulled in far enough during install. This is what I really want to run I'm just leery about doing it. My next choice is Fast-Trac any one have experience and prefer one over the other?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Have you run this setup before? Did you get any vibration if so? I ran it on a 120 POO and had some vibration, I'm thinking maybe the studs were not pulled in far enough during install. This is what I really want to run I'm just leery about doing it. My next choice is Fast-Trac any one have experience and prefer one over the other?
I was able to run this setup on my buddies 2021 900 last year. It had no vibration at all.
The hookup was great. This is what convinced me to go this route.
I also had 144 down the middle on my last 1200 with no problem.

·
OCD Sledhead
Mach Z 900R
8,767 Posts
I only used doubles once in my life and had bad vibes. Thereafter I had many guys tell me the vibes often come from doubles. Not sure if it is just a hit-miss thing but it drove me nuts. So for me I just am sticking to my single/rounds as I have always done.

No right or wrong when it comes to studding, with a few obvious exceptions to be aware of. One for me being outers, I dont like the push they bring on and also the front arm at top will rub on the back side(heads) of studs and that wears eventually.

Dan

·
Registered
288 Posts
If I were going to use studs on the 900tr I would do at least 144. I ran 96 on my 1100 turbo and I ran into issues. It might have been a ****ty install at dealer but after 1000 miles a lot of the studs had come loose or had fallen out. Destroyed my boogie wheels. Needless to say it turned into an expensive deal. Ultimately I think I needed more studs to match up to the horsepower.

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,183 Posts
If I were going to use studs on the 900tr I would do at least 144. I ran 96 on my 1100 turbo and I ran into issues. It might have been a ****ty install at dealer but after 1000 miles a lot of the studs had come loose or had fallen out. Destroyed my boogie wheels. Needless to say it turned into an expensive deal. Ultimately I think I needed more studs to match up to the horsepower.
how often did you re-torque your studs?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I have decided 192. 1.57's, all singles, 4 each bar, 2 inside, 2 outside. I ride with the wife these days and as much as I like to hammer down on trails, the wife gets upset when the headsets starts breaking up lol. So the way I see it, might as well stud it and if I slow down a bit trail riding in the corners, it really doesn't matter and I might as well be ready for an occasional drag race. My buddy just bought a new sidewinder so as soon as it snows we are going to play around. Unfortunately, I think he is tuned 240hp from the factory I guess. Hopefully can return to stock, test, then 240 and test and post findings.

If I hate it I will take out the studs on the outside of every other bar and run 144.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts