Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after riding on a glare ice lake and sliding down a hill with the track locked up multiple times I have decided I cannot ride safely without studs. What are you guys running on the 1.5? I know its a one ply track and Woody's is probably gonna be the one I go for but can you use the double backers and long nuts on the one ply tracks? Also what pattern and how many studs can you put on one? And I'll have to get tunnel protectors too, how hard are they to install?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Keep in mind that your carbides need to be balanced with your choice of studs especially with the longer track. A studded track will tend to push more in the corners unless the carbides are matched with the studs. Longer carbides require greater steering effort.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep in mind that your carbides need to be balanced with your choice of studs especially with the longer track. A studded track will tend to push more in the corners unless the carbides are matched with the studs. Longer carbides require greater steering effort.
Yeah I have the TS skis but can change them from the stock 4" to 7"

Reactions: MinnDave

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only issue I see buying from MadSled is I'm pretty sure they are a US site and I'd be paying more for studs plus shipping in US dollars rather than buying locally. Since the Canadian dollar is terrible at the moment.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yeah check out royal you can buy a kit that has a template and everything you need to do it your self and it's not hard at all. The only reason I had my dealer do mine before I picked up my new sled was because they didn't charge me any labour. Studding is a great way to spend some quality time with your sled in the garage and a case of beer lol.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
My new renegade X came with the 1.25. I hate it! Had the the 1.5 studded on my last sled. I will be putting the 1.5 and studding this sled as well. Will look just like serious black. I just can't get the 1.25 to hook up.

Reactions: KThach

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
I picked up my 96 woodys grand master 1575 studs from kens sports in kaukauna wi. They also sell online and eBay. Unbelievable price. I used ski doo tunnel protectors

I had a new ripsaw 2 track and 144 woodys signature stainless studs on my last renegade, with the 1.5 ripsaw and 96 I am happier, I think it has all the traction i need, less weight. Really works well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts