Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me (this year) 10 xrs 800 1.25" ripsaw with 2 studs per row... last week did 60 miles and had 1 tear out. Today did 12 miles before another tore out and punched a hole in the heat exchanger. Towed it back to the truck and found another stud torn out around 3 sides and flapping. What is going on? Previous owner had 3k miles on it with studs in and no issues. I've lost 3 studs in the first two rides on it.

Debating on ditching the studded track all together for a 1.6" ice cobra so I dont have to have another ruined day.

Who's got best price on a 1.6 ice cobra?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
IMO too few studs is the issue. A 160hp sled should have way more than 84 studs in it's track. 1 stud per hp is rule of thumb. I installed a 1.6 non ice cobra in my sled and am in the process of installing 168 studs all double backers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO too few studs is the issue. A 160hp sled should have way more than 84 studs in it's track. 1 stud per hp is rule of thumb. I installed a 1.6 non ice cobra in my sled and am in the process of installing 168 studs all double backers.
I kinda thought that when I bought it, but figured it worked for him so I would be alright. Guess I was wrong and will be paying someone to weld up my heat exchanger as punishment....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts