Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
You probably just got some moisture in the switch so you can take in a warm garage and dry out or use a heatgun {carefully} to dry it out. or take it off and take it apart like i did (waste of time). It is fairly simple inside too if your curious.

·
Registered
508 Posts
RenegadeRider

This is kinda FUNNY !!!! Mine did the same thing last week !!

It was COLD out and my switch was stuck on highbeam!!!!

When i tried to press it like 20 times no click no anything !!!

Took a Blow dryer to it and it started switching from high to low beam again

next day same thing.....so i brought the sled in a heated garage it started working again ...so I sprayed it inside the switch with wd 40 and then used a different spray thats thicker that shops use to kind of get rid of the moisture that was in switch and so far so good.....Still clicking

hope this works for you

·
Registered
508 Posts
RenegadeRider said:
No broken parts

Just frozen like you guys said so I sprayed some FluidFilm in there and hope it prevents it from happening again and if it does I know now what to expect.
Thanks again

[snapback]260682[/snapback]​
RenegadeRider

Great glad it was not any thing damage related .....While were on this side of the handle bar .....My light bulb in my hand warmer switch seems to be out ....does anyone know if there replaceable bulbs or do i need a new switch ....if its a bulb anyone have a part number for it ....

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had a similar issue this weekend with my High Beams not working...mine was NOT a frozen or stuck issue though

Got to the end of a lake went to hit high/low beam switch and this is the result:
1) Switched to low beam...this is good

2) hand and thumb warmer lights went out...this is bad

3) High beam light on speedo stayed on...this is bad

4) Switched back to high beam...lights go out completely
Hand and thumb warmer lights come on

The investigation:
- high/low beam switch clicks normally (never had the frozen issue from above posts)
- hand and thumb warmers work fine on both low and high(no) beams
- fuses are fine
- no obvious pinched wires
- high beam light (on speedo) is still staying on in both low and high beam

I am thinking it must be a short somewhere(I am currently looking) but though I would ask the question if anyone else has seen/heard of this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

·
Ski-Dooer
2,296 Posts
on a simalar topic..... I couldn't shut mine off the other day. I'd push the kill switch and it would still run. Had to push and hold it really hard for it to stop. Had some snow built up under the kill switch. weird.....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for the feedback...

I have taken apart the switch, cleaned the contacts, put it back together...still same issue
I am hoping to swap out a complete pod assembly to see if that resolves the issue.

Yes...it is a 2006 and I have warranty but no dealers open today to get me out riding tomorrow night doesn't look good unless the pod swap works
If not...dealer will have to flush it out during the week.

If ayone knows of locations that headlight electrical shorts have been happening, please let us all know....man there is a lot of wiring in the sled...isn't technology wonderful

·
Registered
249 Posts
Swapped the accessory pod with my wifes zx800...same issues

I don't have a wiring schematic:

Does anyone know what the wire colors are at the accessory pod for:
Hand/thumb warmer lights?
High beam?
Low beam?

Thanks in advance,
SkiLift

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.