Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday night after putting on over 100 miles in the morning i choked to start my sled and the choke would not snap back in. I let it run for about 10 minutes then took it around the property about a 10 minute ride with the choke lever still a bit loose. It ran like edit for bad language and smoked a ton. So I took out the old Polaris RXL and let the MXZ sit. When we got back that night the choke lever was tight and she started right up.
OK to make a long story short the next morning it would not go in again so I got the hair dryer out and after about five minutes it was good to go.
I'm guessing that i had ice in the lines?

Will the cables need to be replaced?

Is it possible that i damaged something by driving it around with the choke an 1/8" out?

thanks,

Adam

·
Registered
739 Posts
I heard somewhere that the cables to go bad on occassion water gets in there and corrodes the wire etc etc. You are probably going to have to replace the wire to get it right again. As for riding it like that shouldnt cause any harm. good luck
ckoz

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
ADAM ANTHONY said:
Saturday night after putting on over 100 miles in the morning i choked to start my sled and the choke would not snap back in. I let it run for about 10 minutes then took it around the property about a 10 minute ride with the choke lever still a bit loose. It ran like edit for bad language and smoked a ton. So I took out the old Polaris RXL and let the MXZ sit. When we got back that night the choke lever was tight and she started right up.
OK to make a long story short the next morning it would not go in again so I got the hair dryer out and after about five minutes it was good to go.
I'm guessing that i had ice in the lines?

Will the cables need to be replaced?

Is it possible that i damaged something by driving it around with the choke an 1/8" out?

thanks,

Adam
[snapback]280530[/snapback]​
You can try and remove the cables and squirt some penetrating oil in them. Maybe they will work loose that way. The only thing you hurt driving around with the choke out was your back pocket!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I JUST THOUGHT THAT IT WAS ODD THAT I MY SLED WAS REVING UP TO 8000RPM'S AND THEN KICKING OUT AFTER I HAD THIS CHOKE PROBLEM.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

ADAM

·
Advanced......dat's how ah roll.
1,950 Posts
Have you by any chance done some waterskipping and maybe dunked it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 2001 mxz 600. I pulled it out of the trailer and put the choke up to full, started it and when i put the choke down, it was stuck out. I took a blowdryer to it and it went back it. How much does a new choke cable go for? Might be worth replacing it cause the blowdryer deal is getting old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts