Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pilot jet was ceased in my carb and I stripped it trying to remove it. I have an 02mxz 600. I'm picking up a used set of carbs off an 05 800 with no dpm. They are both tm 40s but the numbers after the tm 40 are different. I'm just wondering is there anything I physically different about the carb bodies or will I just be able to swap everything over? One thing I was worried about was the brass tubes that the needle goes through. I know on round slide carbs those are removable but I don't think they are on these flat slides.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
You are correct, the emulsion tubes are not removeable on the flat slide carbs.
I think the problem you are going to run into is that the '02 carbs have non hooded needles and the '05 have hooded needles, meaning the emulsion tube has a little "hood" that sticks up not the carb. Hooded carbs have a stronger vacuum signal through the tube, so your '02 jetting will be too rich with the '05 carbs. You will need different main jets and possibly needles.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone is looking for answer to this question yes there is something different. I'm not sure what it is yet but it's the midrange and high speed circuit that is different. It starts and idles fine but runs incredibly rich in mid range and top end.

Getting a left hand drill bit and trying to save the old carb bodies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts