Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any sort of braces that you can buy to strengthen the ZX chassis?? if not, are there any weak points that i should be worried about?

·
2nd Whore in command
102,272 Posts
You cant get the ZX chassis running board braces anymore unless you find them used but you could get a set from the Rev chassis or a set of the Polaris fishbone style and put them on. Its pretty much just the running boards that are weak and bend easy. You could also go with better boards.

First pic is the Skidoo braces, the second pic is the Polaris fishbone braces on a ZX and the third pic is the better Boards.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
get a zx x chassis. nice wide beefy strong running boards and bigger radius arms

·
2nd Whore in command
102,272 Posts
Lol!! I think you forgot to read the post wothe#1, were you on a DT vacation or something lol!!
He has a ZX.....unless it's a 440X they are not beefy boards. Well the 02-03 might have the wide boards which are better but still worth putting tunnel supports on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i considered getting running board supports or custom boards. i wanna get some custom boards like the ones powermodz has on his zx chassis mod sled. the only thing i dont know about is where he moved the braces for the skid to because they wrap around onto the running boards

·
Registered
546 Posts
This is my 02 mxzx 800, these running boards are MUCH stronger then the regular ZX running boards
image.jpg

Attachments

·
2nd Whore in command
102,272 Posts
Yeah Louis built a nice sled there. I want to build a set of tube boards myself for my sled. There are aftermarket drop brackets you can buy to be able to do the tube boards. Are you thinking of making your own,because know one makes them for the ZX chassis. I don't know if you seen DHFDOOERS F chassis Rev seat build thread, he used the Skinz Air frames made for a newer sled and adapted them to his build.

This is my 02 mxzx 800, these running boards are MUCH stronger then the regular ZX running boards
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Those are the nice wide running boards, but you cant add those to a sled, they where built like that on the 440 race sleds and the 02-03 X package sleds.

·
2nd Whore in command
102,272 Posts
Yeah those WRP inserts will help strengthen the boards and help get rid of the snow. Here is a pic from DHFDOOERS F chassis build, these are the Skinz Air frame boards that he modified to go on his sled. They are not cheap but are nice. Just to give you some ideas.

Attachments

·
GTFOMW
1,044 Posts
I went a different route and put 1/2" stainless bar through the rolled edge of the boards.

·
GTFOMW
1,044 Posts
I'm with ya...ever since I got my Gade, it's been on my mod list. If I was a decent fabricator, I'd cut off the stock boards and make something better and wider.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts