Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
So my buddies sled, a 2006 GSX 500ss, has about 10,000 miles, the motor has never been touched, and we swapped the ECM last year for a used one because his died and he started using the key off the used ECM after instead of getting his original re-programmed.

Starting a couple weeks ago his sled started randomly beeping while going down the trail.

It goes: BEEEEP *pause* BEEP BEEEEP *pause* BEEP BEEEEP

After once or a couple times doing this it will go away. It seems to do it more at low speeds and does not do it all the time. Sometimes it will go 100 miles without doing it once.

While beeping the sled's performance is not affected at all, but it is really annoying.

I'm completely stumped and the dealer seems to be to. Wiggling the DESS key does NOT stop the beeping. All wires seem good.

I've also unplugged the ECM for a couple minutes and unhooked the battery to reset things and it hasn't helped either.

Has anyone had any experience with anything like this or have any possible solutions?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Every once in a while my 2007 GSX 500ss beeps after restarted so I have to turn it off and then restart again.
Never has started to do it when riding, Yet!
Don't really like that type of set-up, Would almost rather have a key.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every once in a while my 2007 GSX 500ss beeps after restarted so I have to turn it off and then restart again.
Never has started to do it when riding, Yet!
Don't really like that type of set-up, Would almost rather have a key.
Dess works good for security purposes and for rider safety, but there is more to go wrong then with a key.

·
Registered
137 Posts
How do you test the dess post? Im not good with electronics.

Also i dont rhink its the battery since we swapped it out to and it didnt help.
Would also like to know how to test the post.
My battery checks ok and is on a battery tender often to make sure it stays charged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts