Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not naming any names so don't ask, but a dealer rep admitted there is a problem with premature slider wear with 2005 x pack. sleds with 121" track and 2005 Mach Z's. He said everyone with this issue needs to urge their dealer to call tech so they get the point. The sooner we do the sooner they will find a fix. Call your dealer now! I already did.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow 128 views and no comments. You all must be running to call your dealers.

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
I sure as hell hope everyone who has come on here with the problem has called their dealer. No, don't call customer service, they'll just tell you to call your dealer. lol

·
Registered
862 Posts
well I called, we'll see what goes down. Meanwhile I'm going to go ride and wear down my new set of sliders.

Slider issues will not keep me from riding my new sled!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought a new doo cuz i needed a change but by reading about all you peaple bitch about the slides and some of the other stuff i hope i didn't make a change for the worst and when i start riding this crapwagon i will determine my future with DOO. If DOO doesn't want to admit they have a problem f @#kem i'll go back to CAT .sorry if i offended anyone just venting can someone hold me now. dave

·
Registered
171 Posts
550 miles and mine are fine (for now) at least that is what the dealer told me. They never heard of it. Funny when I had a problem with my Cat or the Yammi my other dealer never heard of that either. Maybe some dealers need hearing aids cause they sure the hell can't hear.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
keep in mind the ammount of ski doo sleds that are sold , there really aren;t that many complaints . i have 2001 formula delux 2002 mxz 600 2004 rev 600 ho and 2005 gsx 500 ss and love them all and have no complaints except for lack of snow .

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
supatrucka said:
sorry if i offended anyone just venting can someone hold me now. dave
[snapback]276305[/snapback]​

·
Registered
745 Posts
supatrucka said:
I bought a new doo cuz i needed a change but by reading about all you peaple bitch about the slides and some of the other stuff i hope i didn't make a change for the worst and when i start riding this crapwagon i will determine my future with DOO. If DOO doesn't want to admit they have a problem f @#kem i'll go back to CAT .sorry if i offended anyone just venting can someone hold me now. dave
[snapback]276305[/snapback]​
Hey You'll love your sled. This slider issue sucks but I still wouldn't trade my sled for anything else on the market right now. This site is an easy place to vent our frustrations with the hope someone at BRP might see it. Where is pootalk? kittytalk? yamamatalk?

·
Registered
253 Posts
You should call the BRP rep they are higher on the food chain then the dealer.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't beleive the problem to be in the skid but the track. I have noticed running with other Mach Z's like mine with stock tracks mine being a .880 rather than 1" that my sliders are still like new. The sleds with the 1" track are all eating the sliders. I personally feel its because on lower snow conditions the shorter paddle allows my truck to keep throwing more snow on the sliders and exchangers making it run cooler and cooling the sliders. The 1" track sleds all have the black slider material all over the rails mine are spotless. The higer track profile keeps it off the ground more to speak and less snow is picked up. That is my findings anyways others may vary.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I WORK AT A DEALER. WE KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM AND HAVE CALLED BRP MANY TIMES TO GET AN ANSWER,BUT THERE NOT SURE WHAT TO TELL US. ONE TECH SAID THAT THE FRONT IDLER WHEELS ARE TO SMALL AND ARE WORKING ON A BIGGER WHEEL KIT. SO I HOPE THAT THERE ARENT PEOPLE GOING INTO THE DEALERSHIP AND BLASTING THEM CUZ WERE NOT HIDING ANYTHING JUST WAITING FOR AN ANSWER. THANKS

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RYANZX440 said:
I WORK AT A DEALER. WE KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM AND HAVE CALLED BRP MANY TIMES TO GET AN ANSWER,BUT THERE NOT SURE WHAT TO TELL US. ONE TECH SAID THAT THE FRONT IDLER WHEELS ARE TO SMALL AND ARE WORKING ON A BIGGER WHEEL KIT. SO I HOPE THAT THERE ARENT PEOPLE GOING INTO THE DEALERSHIP AND BLASTING THEM CUZ WERE NOT HIDING ANYTHING JUST WAITING FOR AN ANSWER. THANKS
[snapback]277157[/snapback]​
The rep told me the more BRP hear's from the dealer on this the more they will realize how big of an issue it is. They trust the dealer's expert evaluation over the consumer's.

·
Registered
139 Posts
XHO said:
RYANZX440 said:
[snapback]277157[/snapback]​
The rep told me the more BRP hear's from the dealer on this the more they will realize how big of an issue it is. They trust the dealer's expert evaluation over the consumer's.
[snapback]277176[/snapback]​
IVE CALLED ABOUT 6 TIMES AND IVE ALWAYS TALKED TO THE SAME GUY. LET ME TELL YA, IF OUR DEALERSHIP TREATED OUR CUSTOMERS LIKE THAT GUY TREATS ME, WE WOULDNT HAVE ANY BUSINESS. CRANKY

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
To see the wear pattern you need to look closely. Mine are worn only in front of idler wheel. Mainly on left slide of sled. My dealer called BRP and they were told. Wear should normalize. Mine are worn down to wear line only right in front of the idler. Rest of slides look new. 300miles on sled. 1.25 ripsaw fully clipped. Mach Z

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Lots of proir posts and BRP recognized earlier that there is a problem and dealers are taking pictures for BRP and documenting use. Tech line has officially approved the use of the F chassis sliders until they have a fix. It could very well be the clips as everyone is running Camo tracks and clips but it is definately not low snow conditions. Get your dealer workin for you, mine and others are.

"Have sliders,,, will travel"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts