Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the local weather forecasters were warning of a big snow storm for yesterday...or at least between 5 to 15 inches.

It did start snowing late yesterday afternoon.

Got up this morning and after a couple cups of coffee brushed the 1/2 inch of snow off the deck so I could put down "breakfast" of peanuts for the birds.(and a couple squirrels) Was hoping to get some riding in before it all is supposed to melt again with the high 40's stuff and rain we're supposed to get Tuesday.

It sure seems this winter that they've really blown the forecasts a lot, even the one day out stuff. Is it just here in Maine, or are they making the wrong calls everywhere this winter??

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Temps in Wi near 50* by next weekend. 4" of snow would make most of the state good riding, great base now, but we can kiss that good bye, because I'm sure they'll be correct on the warm weather approaching!
To me it's not the lack of snow too often, it's the warm temps that turns snow into rain storms, or just plain old melts what we have.

·
Mod Smut
4,825 Posts
It's simple. Expect no snow to ever accumulate no matter what they forecast, so when it doesn't happen you're not upset, but when it actually snows you feel like it's Christmas all over again.

I've turned to my other winter hobbies.. sled is packed up and up for sale

Reactions: FastD00

·
Registered
348 Posts
You would be much better off learning to read and understand aviation weather reports and forcasts. They tend to be more accurate than local weather forcasts.

Reactions: Steeft

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Tomorrow my wife and i are going out which will be our last ride for this year, the weather has been so out of control we got 200 miles in so far that's usually just a easy weekend, was - 45 yesterday here with the wind chill, - 40 again this am, tuesday it is going to be + 2 C and now a chance of wet flurries and rain next weekend, decided to just pack it up for this season and not worry about if we get snow or not.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where are you located airliner?
15 miles east of Bangor Maine. Along the "Airline Road", or what flatlanders refer to as Route 9. We've got some snow, so you "can" ride, but sure could uses another 10 inches for sure. Looks like it ain't gonna' happen soon.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts