Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this sled for a few years. Took carbs apart and installed new needle and seats. When putting back together one of the main jets size was 360 and the other was 450. I have seen somewhere that the 94 model used 360 while the 95 model uses 320 clutch side, 330 mag side. Then 340 was listed for 1995 also. Thanks for any inftormation.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
360 and 450? There is no way it ran very good like that. Buy a few different jets from 320-340, And try the 340-340 and see how that goes.You can always let leaner if you need to.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
21,062 Posts
My manual says the 94 Formula Z was 360-360. 95 is 340-340

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are absolutely right it did not run good. I think what happeded is my son took the carbs apart and cleaned them, but either dropped or broke the main jet and just found one to put in it not knowing for sure. Thank you for the info. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You are absolutely right it did not run good. I think what happeded is my son took the carbs apart and cleaned them, but either dropped or broke the main jet and just found one to put in it not knowing for sure. Thank you for the info. I appreciate it.
Sounds like something that could happen.SOME PEOPLES CHILDREN... lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah and I am not absolutely sure that it was him or if it has been like this for a while. I just never really paid any attention. I have had issues with this sled fouling plugs for a while now. But that was probably the problem. I am going to tear down this summer and go through it anyways. I will probably have lots of questions then for sure..lol I am used to working on the older sleds that weren't liquid and rotary valves etc.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
these sleds are still easy to work on.But honestly the 583 is bulletproof and extremely reliable. Just get the carbs figured out. It will run a lot better with the correct jets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the correct jets today. I pressure tested the carbs to about 6 lbs. It dropped about 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound over 20 minutes. Hopefully this is alright. Also is the air screw adjustment aroun 3/4 of a turn to 1 turn? I will install them tomorrow and try it out. Thanks for any information that can be given.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I got the correct jets today. I pressure tested the carbs to about 6 lbs. It dropped about 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound over 20 minutes. Hopefully this is alright. Also is the air screw adjustment aroun 3/4 of a turn to 1 turn? I will install them tomorrow and try it out. Thanks for any information that can be given.
yes the seals are good.Air screw should be 2-1/2 out(i think) from seated

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had a 94 stx which came with the smaller 38mm carbs but they still ran way to rich out of the box..Mine fouled plugs like crazy until the dealer dropped the needles one notch.That small adjustment totally cured the problem but there were many out there that did not get the fix..1995 had quite a few different specs for the carbs..My dad had a 95 stx and it ran great from day one...I have the 94 shop manual if you need any specs..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts