Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
What are they going to do? Nothing...

What can you do? If your feeling rich you can install an electric gauge or just watch your mileage, when the gauge stops swinging around its time to find gas!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think the e gauge was around $200 can if I remeber correctly. Personally, I wouldn't spend my money on it again, not much better. Watch the odometer and go by that.

FishHog

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Dam guess gauge

·
Registered
948 Posts
An electric gauge won't be much better, remove your seat 1 day and look at the shape of the tank and you will understand. Just for future reference I call it a compass since you never know where it's going to point next! I have an SDI and I just watch the mileage, your good for well over a hundred miles.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
pull out the gauge and custom twist the flaot rod.....i did that and my gauge is great.....

by the way I also LENGTHENED it by using an old ZX gas cap...so the float will actually go to the bottom of the tank......

in STOCK forn the bottom of the gauge assembly is about 1.5" off the bottom of the tank......1.5" of gas in a rev is about 3 gallons.....so no matter what you do.....it will reas empty with 3 gallons left with out lengthening it.....

It took me about 3 hours to get the gauge right so don't begin to think this is an EZ modification. I did it cause the parts where laying in front of me and I had my tank out and i said why not....

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pull out the gauge and custom twist the flaot rod.....i did that and my gauge is great.....

by the way I also LENGTHENED it by using an old ZX gas cap...so the float will actually go to the bottom of the tank......

in STOCK forn the bottom of the gauge assembly is about 1.5" off the bottom of the tank......1.5" of gas in a rev is about 3 gallons.....so no matter what you do.....it will reas empty with 3 gallons left with out lengthening it.....

It took me about 3 hours to get the gauge right so don't begin to think this is an EZ modification. I did it cause the parts where laying in front of me and I had my tank out and i said why not....
ok

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A clear gas tank is cheaper than the electric fuel gauge. At night it might be hard to see.
i was going to say the same thing. i will have a clear tank on all my sleds. just fill up before a night ride and you're all set.
[/quote]

how much $ us for a clear tank for a 05 gade x model?

Can you get one that holds more fuel than stock?

Get it from brp or is there a good after market clear tank?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
A clear gas tank is cheaper than the electric fuel gauge. At night it might be hard to see.
i was going to say the same thing. i will have a clear tank on all my sleds. just fill up before a night ride and you're all set.
[/quote]

how much $ us for a clear tank for a 05 gade x model?

Can you get one that holds more fuel than stock?

Get it from brp or is there a good after market clear tank?
[/quote]

There are no aftermarket clear tanks available. BRP makes about 4 different clear tanks so make sure you get the right one. I dont believe the 440X tanks are compatible with consumer sleds. Your X PKG 600SDI requires a different tank than carb models because of the fuel system. The 2007 XRS 600 SDI tank part number is 513033186. I think that will fit your sled. Try doing a search on REV*BARRON's post about clear tanks or if you have a 2007 REV accessories book they show all of them. The part number I listed for the XRS is $150.

·
Mmmmm......Snow
1,159 Posts

Your question has already been answered a bunch of different times.

The gas gauges suck and Ski-Doo ain't doing anything about it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts