Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you offer help with stock engine rebuilds?

I realize that SHR is focused on the performance aspect of Ski-Doo two strokes, but I have noticed too many remarkable insights from SHR for the stock sleds not to ask. I want and need help, but I would rather get it from the best that I can find and this is by far the best place that I have found. Please take my word for it unless you are looking for a drawn out essay with 600 or 800 or 1000 words ;)

Charles

·
Registered
27,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, my topic subject is misleading. I am looking for tear-down inspection more than anything.

·
Armchair Interweb Coach
102,529 Posts
I was just at his shop last night.......

John is a really nice guy that will spend time to discuss your plan and what you want

·
Registered
27,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I should mention that I have spoken to John once when I was researching the Isoflex. His experience and approach is what helped change my attitude on the subject.

·
Registered
27,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is an example of the kind of help I think the 1K owners could use from someone who specializes in everything Ski-Doo.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1301001-1000-crank/

Here are the questions I believe new and existing owners could benefit from answers from an experienced Ski-Doo tech, whether it be for a 1000 SDI, 800HO, 800R, 600 HO/SDI/ETEC or 500SS.

1. Where is a good place to buy a Ski-Doo rebuilt crank and have it trued?

2. How does an owner ensure the cases are in good condition?

3. Can the cases be sent to a professional to have the line bore inspected for the following:

- Trueness

- Out of round

- Bore diameter for the correct clamping force of the bearings

4. Should an owner use Loctite sleeve retainer to fill a 1+ thou void from a worn bore?

5. When a BRP rebuilt crank is received in a sealed package, should the owner attempt to use a solvent to clean all the grease put in by the manufacturer and apply new grease?

Thank you for your help,

Charles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts