Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a chance to get xcs crossover skis for really cheap from a friend who blew his sled up. Currently I have stock skis with 10 inch carbides. So, my question is, if I ride about 80 percent on trail, should I stick with my stock ski with 4 10 inch carbides or swap to the xcs with 6 inch carbides?

I know this is completely opinion, but I have no snow to test on, so I would like to know if I it would be worth doing the work.

Also, I ride an 05 MXZ 600

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Changing from precision to any other ski will be different, especially going to a real aggressive ski like the xcs. The xcs is more aggressive than the c&a razors. It really depends on how your current set up works for you most of the time. The xcs will track better in loose snow but on hard pack it may be dartish. Also they will require more steering effort all around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What track and how many studs do you have?
I have a 1.25 inch ice ripper track, with no additional studs.

Heres the second problem, I have never ridden the sled before its new to me.

But, I did ride my buddies last year, he has the H.O not the SDI, but that is the only seat time I have had on a Rev.

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
40" of carbide is too much imo

Im guessing you have the Precision skis.

I would go with skidoo OEM Pilot 5.7 skis, They came out in 2006. Put 6" in the middle, and then maybe a 4" on the outside. Maybe a 6" on the outside if you feel you need more bite. You can get skis from Honda East Toledo for $87 each, free shipping. There are L and R ski part numbers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also thought 40 inches was overkill. I mean my last sled was a 99 indy 600 with 4 inch carbides with no carbide left but that sled still turned on a dime. But, I also rode that sled for years, so I had the m-10 tuned perfectly for me.

So like anything else I really just gotta get a feel for the sled and set up for my preferences I guess. Just frustrated about the no snow at all right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts