Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

BEEN DOING SOME READING AND IT SEEMS THERE ARE SOME KNOWLEDGABLE PEOPLE ON HERE. QUESTION FOR YOU'S: I HAD BRP. NEW UPDATE DONE, DECOMMRESSION HOLES PLUGED, PUT BR8ECS PLUGS ,TPS SETTINGS ON 4.80 HAVE 1.25 TRACK,AFTER DOING 7200 RPM TO SET VALUES AND BACK TO IDLE.WHEN I FIRST OPENED THE SLED UP BLACK SMOKE COMES OUT THE EXAUST PIPE. IS THERE ANY SUGESSTIONS?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Sounds like too much fuel. Can't help you with fixing it, seeing these things are fuelly.Sounds like DOO has their hands full. Called customer service today and they say that the wait time to speak with an actual person
is extremely long.GOOD JOB BRP!!!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Any black puffs you will see has more to doo with you OIL than with your fuel mix. You didn't mention anything above about them checking your oil cable setup, thats likely what you should pay attention to next. Also, run the 50/50 blend XPS. Good luck.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I get the same thing. I'm running BR8 plugs and blend oil and my cable is correct. If just cruising along at low rpm and I hit the throttle, BLACK smoke emits from the pipe. I notice it because I have mirrors.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had the same thing since the tuning sheet upgrades were done about 500 miles ago and burned more oil than before. It is in the shop today to get the oil leaned out a bit so I'll see if that helps. It did get rid of the plug fouling so far

1 - 7 of 7 Posts