Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have just recently completed the installation of my MCX turbo kit on my 2010 Gade X. I will truly say I cannot wait till the snow flies as sled sounds so mean, I cannot wait for the hold the hell on factor. Before I do, I need to make a clutch decision and I am torn. I have done some research on both and I cannot decide. Anybody have any input on experiences with either on a turbo installation? I live in the NWT (Canada) and we are only about 500 to 1000 feet above sea level so any tips on weights and springs to get me going in the right direction would be appreciated.

G

·
Hi All

I have just recently completed the installation of my MCX turbo kit on my 2010 Gade X. I will truly say I cannot wait till the snow flies as sled sounds so mean, I cannot wait for the hold the hell on factor. Before I do, I need to make a clutch decision and I am torn. I have done some research on both and I cannot decide. Anybody have any input on experiences with either on a turbo installation? I live in the NWT (Canada) and we are only about 500 to 1000 feet above sea level so any tips on weights and springs to get me going in the right direction would be appreciated.
Check with Cliff (adrenalator8) He deals and runs polar on his mcx turbo and likes them.
Randy

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
One could spend many of hours on a test of this magnitude.
You could factor in Drivability,peak Hp and Running temps to start with.
Then get into ease of use tunability Longevity and wear points.
You have to admit folks out there showing good results with both clutches.
Very nice product out of Both IMO.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi All

Have ran STM last 2 years with excellent results on FPP stage1 turbo setup. If you decide to go this way PM me and I will give you my setup.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi All

Go to the turbo forum here on DOOTalk. Those guys would know the best clutch to go with for your setup. I provided the link below. Hope this helps.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showforum=140

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Mark @CJ Motorsports has your answer, these MCX sleds are running around the 250 hp range they offer a mod that works pretty darn good Ide say, we had ours done at the rebuild centre in Montreal , 0 problems , tra5 or the 7 Kevin

·
Registered
287 Posts
Have ran STM last 2 years with excellent results on FPP stage1 turbo setup. If you decide to go this way PM me and I will give you my setup.
STM website lists a few clutches that fit the 1200. Which one do you run and what diameter? I run stm clutches on my quad and am very impressed with them, so I would like to use one on my turbo 1200.
Thanks.

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,539 Posts
Running Rage IV, 8.0 diameter.
You're setup is bang on Scott. Machine runs really well. Backshifts really nice, doesn't feel lazy anywhere, you have the machine dialed!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Running Rage IV, 8.0 diameter.
Thanks Burrhead. I'm going to order my clutch soon is there anything else I should know before I order? What is your secondary setup? You running a shockwave?
Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts