Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to woodford vt. yesterday even with these warm temps.When we left the truck said 51 for outside temps!!!
Ran the Z on some deep and mogulled out tracks on Somerset res.Could only get 107 on GPS but sled was running 7600 at best(clickers on 1 stock clutching).Plugs looked great running 9's.Went down to this stretch everybody races on and there was a guy with an 05 800h.o. with the cudney package he was adjusting his clickers so i turned mine up to 3.We raced 6-7 times same turn out beat him everytime runnin around 600 feet.Said he did a radar run and his buddies Z was dead even with him.So i geuss mine is a little faster was revin to 7900 and sled revved alot quicker and was pulling better should of tried this on the res but group i was with had smaller sleds and wasn't concerned about their performance.Got back to TWIN BROOKS MALL and my friend who is a POO dealer had his 03 xcr800. Raced him and beat him everytime short runs lucky if they were 300 feet but got the holeshot and was walking away from him.He said the new Z is definatley the fastest for 05 they also run cats.No plugs yesterday so i was happy.Its gonna suck when i finally loose a race but i know its gonna happen so i'll enjoy this one race at a time.

·
Registered
816 Posts
rodder said:
Went to woodford vt. yesterday even with these warm temps.When we left the truck said 51 for outside temps!!!
Ran the Z on some deep and mogulled out tracks on Somerset res.Could only get 107 on GPS but sled was running 7600 at best(clickers on 1 stock clutching).Plugs looked great running 9's.Went down to this stretch everybody races on and there was a guy with an 05 800h.o. with the cudney package he was adjusting his clickers so i turned mine up to 3.We raced 6-7 times same turn out beat him everytime runnin around 600 feet.Said he did a radar run and his buddies Z was dead even with him.So i geuss mine is a little faster was revin to 7900 and sled revved alot quicker and was pulling better should of tried this on the res but group i was with had smaller sleds and wasn't concerned about their performance.Got back to TWIN BROOKS MALL and my friend who is a POO dealer had his 03 xcr800. Raced him and beat him everytime short runs lucky if they were 300 feet but got the holeshot and was walking away from him.He said the new Z is definatley the fastest for 05 they also run cats.No plugs yesterday so i was happy.Its gonna suck when i finally loose a race but i know its gonna happen so i'll enjoy this one race at a time.

[snapback]301267[/snapback]​
hey rodder , i am the guy with the machs you saw on island pond(and beat). anyway we will be back for the whole week of feb. 20th. i hope to see you there for some fun on the pond.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try to make it up their Kevin if the conditions get better.Buddies got a real strong runnin 8HO but haven't had a chance to run him yet.Did you get your CUDNEY kit yet.
What are you spinning yours at? looking forward to running you!
C'YA Chris

·
Registered
803 Posts
mach 2005 said:
rodder said:

hey rodder , i am the guy with the machs you saw on island pond(and beat). anyway we will be back for the whole week of feb. 20th. i hope to see you there for some fun on the pond.

[snapback]301275[/snapback]​
Hey Kevin what kit were u using?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kevins definatley got the set up.Don't know what he has 4 clutching but he had TWO Machs so you could keep one stock and mess with the other one!!!Seems like you could do some good testing like that.

·
Registered
816 Posts
skidoo09 said:
mach 2005 said:
rodder said:

[snapback]301275[/snapback]​
Hey Kevin what kit were u using?
[snapback]301351[/snapback]​
i am using some of chucks fresh off the mig welder ramps , stock driven and a 200-320 primary spring. it likes 7800 rpms on #4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts