Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Called dealer last fri and he said he knows of no fix yet for the gauge issues.

Said he heard it may be snowdust getting inside somewhere.

I lead many times so no snowdust.

Now after 1000 miles I noticed my gauge shuts off now and then before cycling and it will also cycle at idle.

2 weeks ago on a 170 mile ride I noticed nothing happen with the gauges.

Went to check miles from yesterdays ride and just hit the starter to light up the numbers but not start it

and it jumped and froze when I opened and closed the storage box.

Also have moisture in the gauge.

Think its time to take her apart and try reconnecting the wiring on the gauge pod.

This pic is of frozen stuff on inside of unsettled gauge where it decided to stop.I'm in the trailer -not going 75mph.

DSCF0649_zps77fe6d99.jpg

·
Premium Member
Expy 600R SE
3,626 Posts
I'm guessing here, but take your gauge out and take inside to dry completely out if you are not riding now over furnace duct or something. I just changed my regular gauge after 2500 miles with no problems and just got my premium gauge that I ordered back in December this last week. Got almost 500 miles on the new premium gauge with no problems at all so far. :wink_old:

·
Registered
494 Posts
So the mileage starts out at zero if you change gauges? I like that.

Is there a gauge option that will work for the '14 Ace that includes a speedo that goes to a max of something more realistic, like 100 or 120 mph ?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Took apart the dash and unplugged the connection and plugged and unplugged a couple times then put a light coating of dielectric grease on and plugged it back together.Plug connection felt like it could be stronger.

Also I have the dc outlet in the glove box and there were 2 open acc plug end wires under the front of the dash.I made sure they were dry and covered these with tape.

That was Thursday.

Rode 131 miles Friday--Nothing.No flashing lights no cycling gauges.

I intentionally rode behind 2 other guys to try and set it of from snowdust.

It was above 32F most of the ride.

Every other ride when the gauges acted up it was below 13F.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I haven't had a problem since dealer fixed the ground..

(i think there is a dealer bulletion on the ground issue)

·
Premium Member
Expy 600R SE
3,626 Posts
So the mileage starts out at zero if you change gauges? I like that.

Is there a gauge option that will work for the '14 Ace that includes a speedo that goes to a max of something more realistic, like 100 or 120 mph ?
Yes my new gauge started at zero. Gauge still has the 200 mph dial on it also but can read in digital now instead of the needle dial or both along with the rpm's also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts