Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a crash, unmarked pressure crack on ofsc staked lake, going too fast.
handlebars are toast, radius rod bent, other than that not too bad. My question is, is the stheering post and riser mount on a slight bend and offset? Mine is not perfectly straight, but steering feels good. I don't have the replacement handle bars yet, so I can't confrim how it all goes together, but too me, it looks that since the steering post has to run offest along the engine, it's on an angle.
Anyone confirm for me? The sled hit pretty hard, but I can't see anything thats bent or out of shape

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here

Attachments

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
another

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
windsurfnut said:
Had a crash, unmarked pressure crack on ofsc staked lake, going too fast.
handlebars are toast, radius rod bent, other than that not too bad. My question is, is the stheering post and riser mount on a slight bend and offset? Mine is not perfectly straight, but steering feels good. I don't have the replacement handle bars yet, so I can't confrim how it all goes together, but too me, it looks that since the steering post has to run offest along the engine, it's on an angle.
Anyone confirm for me? The sled hit pretty hard, but I can't see anything thats bent or out of shape
[snapback]710885[/snapback]​
I was wondering the same thing. Just got my mxz this year and noticed previous owner rolled sled. Not sure how hard(put 2 small cracks on each side of hood). I assume steering post made with slight angle from base up?? sorry can't help for sure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not sure if it is supposed to be that way, but mine that has never been in a wreck is at a slight angle. it leans to the left when sitting on the sled, noticed when I put on the pivot riser.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I believe they offset to the left of center a little. I will confirm later.

·
lay the smack down
2,961 Posts
yup i think they are offset a bit... i had one to put into mine that i bought because i thought i bent the stock one but after looking at the new one i bought .... it is actually tilted to begin with...
took another look at mine and they are the same... tilted...

just my $0.12

love

1 - 8 of 8 Posts