Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder to stay on your side of the trail. Two weekends in a row now we have had major collisions from oncoming traffic on our side of the trail. One of them the on coming sled was completely on our side and the driving was looking backwards instead of ahead.

Remember to treat every corner like someone is going be coming around it. Also, don't be looking behind you while going into or around a corner as you will have a tendancy to steer into oncoming traffic. If you want to check on the sled behind you do it on a clear straightaway where you know it is clear ahead.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I saw two guys stopped on the trail right after a curve looking at a map !?!?!?*%@ !!!
Lucky I have good brakes and was taking it slow.
As far as turning around, one word ..... MIRRORS !

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was out a couple weeks ago and my son was leading the pack. We had nine sleds with our group and I was third from the back. We came into a couple curves and I had some guy on a cat run me almost right off the trail. As I came around the next curve our whole party was stopped so I stopped and relized that my son was off the trail and from my veiw I thought he had hit a tree. Luckily he was just inches from it. When I walked up to him he said "dad that idiot ran me right off th trail" he showed me the marks from the guys sled and sure enough this guy was on my boys side of the trail in this turn. I am just glad that noone was hurt and the sled was fine. My son luckly is a very good rider and was not going fast so he was only off the trail about 5 feet but it still is the fact that this idiot on the cat has no respect for anyone else on the trails.

I have said since then that if I ever see someone do that to someone in front of me ever again I will turn into there path and bail off my sled. I am a very laid back person and don't normally get worked up like this but it still ticks me off that this guy just thinks everyone will get out of his way because he wants to use the whole trail. My sled is insured and if it takes someone out for awhile to make the trails safer than its worth the hassle I will have to go through.

I don't mean to make anyone mad in this forum but I am really getting tired of hearing about these inconciderate riders. Anyone that takes offence to what I said I will do just be decent and stay on your own side of the trail and it won't affect you. Sorry to vent but it needs to be said.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the second incident the guy said it was not his fault he was on our side of the trail. He said a sled went by him fast and he was looking back because he was worried about the guy behind him. My brother-in-law was in front of me and tried to avoid him by turning off trail but ended up getting t-boned and hurt pretty badly.

Let's all ride safely and I'll say it again - it you are going around a corner or over a hill stay on your side.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
A big problem I notice where I ride is that groups of riders will stop side by side and block off the whole trail! Nothin' gets the adrenalen going like coming around a corner and these morons have set up a parking lot in the middle of the trail and you have to go off the trail to get around them. To top it off they look at you like you have ten heads when you give them a *friendly* gesture.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
ten heads lmao, no i like the ones that are on the wrong side of the trail going down hill on a blind corner, that happened to be when i was in canada last month, guy was on a f7 what do you expect another cat "edit for bad language"hole

·
Registered
34 Posts
Along the lines with this topic, I had something happen to me a few weeks ago that still boils my rubarb. A friend and I were up on Tug Hill, it was getting later in the day and the moguls had taken their toll on us. I was probable 50 to 75 yards behind my friend and we were going about 30 mph or so. All of a sudden, 8 sleds pass me on the left going at least 45 mph over the bumps. Now for all they know, I could have been the worst rider and been bumped left right into them...but thats not what "edit for bad language" me off. What got me was that they stayed between my friend and I, then, at the next intersection, all parked in the middle of the trail in the way of everyone. No regard for others on the trail. Needless to say, as I got pass them I got pretty close to the sled on the outside (I think it was a Yamahack) and gunned it a bit. I didn't look back but I'm sure I sprayed him. People need to realize that the person you are passing doesn't know you are there regardless of how wide the trail is. I always ride with this thought..."I don't know your ability, you don't know mine, so I'll stay where I am till it's safe for all!"

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
gravy davey said:

Was out last wed 2-22 saw a guy on a yami stopped right in the trail talking on a cell phone *%@ people are so stupid its not funny anymore!!!

[snapback]739713[/snapback]​
I had to 'council' my DAD of all sorts - to NOT do that very same thing....

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
There are lots of people in this world that just have no damm common sense or respect for anyone or anything, it is just plain old common sense to stay right on the trail especially on corners! do they think they are the only rider on the trail? dont they realize that there are familys and young children on the trails? do they drive their trucks like that on the roads? I just can't understand why it is so hard to understand STAY RIGHT.

MORONS

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
I agree with STAY RIGHT but its a very small minority that are idiots...

cannot remember EVER seeing or having a problem with a left riding rider???

we ALL have over shot blind corners and ended up on the wrong side of the trail so it can happen to anyone... 99% of the time there is no one coming to hit (thankfully)

When it gets bumpy, and I can see clearly ahead, I often ride on the left side of the trail (smoother becasue the tops of the bumps are crested the "other way") but never in a blind situation! hill crests are the worst place to be left of course...

folks that walk up the left side of the isle in the grocey store "edit for bad language" me off too...

·
Registered
683 Posts
poo sucks said:
any pics of the damage, hope no one got hurt
[snapback]774764[/snapback]​
I'll have to check with my buddies to see if there are pics of the first. Damage was a folded tunnel - fortunately rear of all the skid mounting.

One the second one, I could not believe it but there was no damage. They way my brother-in-law ("b-i-l") and the sled were thrown I couldn't believe it. I mean I looked it over with a fine toothed comb. We replayed the incident later to figure out how there could be no damage and we figured that my b-i-l took the hit directly on his leg and between buddies bumper and my b-i-l's seat. My b-i-l swerved into the bank to avoid which leaned his sled heavy to the left (I'm probably doing a crappy job of describing it). One fractured leg later - fortunately not a severe fracture.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
wow hes lucky all he got was a fractured leg and no damage to the sled, i can see why his leg got hit instead of the sled (assuming he was on a rev and the other guy might have been) because the running board is way lower than the bumper which pretty much means if your hit on the side your leg is toast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts