Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title said starts 1st or 2nd pull when completely cold and 1st pull when warm. But if I take a break for 20 min or more, the sled is a beast to start. On my old sled would just give the throttle a little gas and a half pull and would start fine. On this sled, need to pull hard 4 times before it will start after sitting for 20 min+. Doesn't seem to matter if I give throttle or not, nor if I give it a little choke. Anyone have this problem? Whats the solution?

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
on my 700 twin after 45 to an hour i have to use the choke for a second then shes good. found this out the hard way, thought the darn thing died! just had a stop for breakfast, thats all!!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
xtreme02 said:
Like the title said starts 1st or 2nd pull when completely cold and 1st pull when warm. But if I take a break for 20 min or more, the sled is a beast to start. On my old sled would just give the throttle a little gas and a half pull and would start fine. On this sled, need to pull hard 4 times before it will start after sitting for 20 min+. Doesn't seem to matter if I give throttle or not, nor if I give it a little choke. Anyone have this problem? Whats the solution?
[snapback]711302[/snapback]​
If it's got carb heaters SHUT THEM OFF, they are causing the engine to flood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts