Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of going on a seven day trip next year in Canada northern Ontario new to a 1200 my sled is a 2016 blizzard what if anything do you take with you to get it started if it gets well below zero started fine at 15below in nh this year and I carry a set of jumper cables with me

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,650 Posts
If worried bring the battery in with you

-grover

Reactions: MZ800

·
Registered
244 Posts
It's a legitimate concern and we've been in -40 plus temps for a week in Northern ON. One guy in the group always brings a paint stripper/heat gun so we can warm up the engine block. We've used it and it doesn't take a whole lot to warm it up enough to start.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
When backpacking alone and below -20 f I brought my battery in hotel room with me. I had a weak new battery.. Also carried mini jumpers. Battery was only ever the issue

·
Registered
244 Posts
Adding pull start to supplement e start on an 800 is essential in extremely cold comditions. I have used my several times.

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,212 Posts
My 09 1200 never failed to start. Stab the button and let it charge the rail, then push it again and away she'd go. Coldest was -45C on a trip. 1200s are impressive cold starters... as good or better than most 2 strokes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I fired mine up last weekend @ -38*C, not an issue. As for my brother's Apex, a different story. I'm sure a battery booster pack would help if required, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I live in northern Ontario, even when it's been -40+ I have never had an issue starting either of my 1200's. Push the starter and she goes everytime with no issues at all. Mine is parked outside at times for extended periods with just the cover on it with it tucked under the deck. I don't think you will have a problem...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
As long as the battery is good, they start. Next year my dad and myself need new batteries in our 2010s. If I would have went on a long backpack trip this year I would have put a new battery in.

If I was traveling alone I'd probably bring with my little battery jumper

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts