Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many pulls does it take you to start your SDI? My 05 MXZ 600SDI, starts on the second pull. My buddies always starts on the first. This is my start up procedure.

1 attach tether
2 press rer button to prime fuel rail
3 pull.....

it always starts on the second pull, never the first like my friends 04 sdi.....

does this sound right?

·
Just doo it.
690 Posts
Hey, Mine does this two. Mines an 05 gade, even when warm starts on the second pull. I gotta put alot of strenght into it if i want to get it the first time. I dont though, Got a bad shoulder. But yes, Even wen warm mine starts like that.

·
Registered
307 Posts
2 pulls for me. 1st pull, even if I just 1/2 pull, lights up the guages. 2nd pull and shes running.
i have e-start, and only had to charge the fuel rails once all day. every time after, 1 tap on the button makes her purr.

·
Registered
384 Posts
stillen said:
How many pulls does it take you to start your SDI? My 05 MXZ 600SDI, starts on the second pull. My buddies always starts on the first. This is my start up procedure.

1 attach tether
2 press rer button to prime fuel rail
3 pull.....

it always starts on the second pull, never the first like my friends 04 sdi.....

does this sound right?
[snapback]271482[/snapback]​
05 gade, 2 pulls 90% of the time, and I toch nothing else before

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Hit the RER to prime the rail, one pull EVERY time, after 2 weeks, out of the bar, doesn't matter. Of course it takes a full pull. Once I've started it for the day, it only takes a half pull to get it running. 05 600SDI Renegade

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
2 pulls, no big deal. its easy to pull over..so easy infact id be embarassed to have electric start on it.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
marytylermorphine

lol OUCH! That hurts man!

but when your girlfriend weighs 100 pounds she can start her own sled!
And it'll be easier to put remote start on later lol j/k
05SDI

·
Registered
537 Posts
Almost always two pulls unless I pull out the whole rope really hard on the first pull. Why is it AC batteryless EFI always starts on the first pull? My AC buddies one pull and they are on their way!

·
Registered
116 Posts
MaryTylerMorphine said:
2 pulls, no big deal. its easy to pull over..so easy infact id be embarassed to have electric start on it.
[snapback]271679[/snapback]​
Same here-two pulls-like clockwork--don't use rer button because i tried it the first few times and it still took two pulls anyways--so i just pull no button--like marytylermorphine--i'd be embarassed!!!!

·
MTM follower
2,592 Posts
Olympique-Boy said:
MaryTylerMorphine said:
[snapback]271679[/snapback]​
Same here-two pulls-like clockwork--don't use rer button because i tried it the first few times and it still took two pulls anyways--so i just pull no button--like marytylermorphine--i'd be embarassed!!!!
[snapback]272337[/snapback]​
Agreed THis is the easiest sled to start that I pulled

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well my 05 took 3 pulls after sitting for 2 weeks and having the - 15f temps. My dad's SRX took 25 pulls and I have a torn deltoid from it! I will take my SDI anytime!

Always 2 pulls no matter what, unless at a trail break of a few minutes, then 1 pull.

·
Registered
78 Posts
skidoos_rule said:
electric start rules

[snapback]271552[/snapback]​
Agree,
I went out to the garage the other evening (-12 F out) pushed the Start button on my SDI and vroom vroom......I traded off my 98 MXZ500 because it was a pain in the tush to start!!!

They call it EOU - Ease Of Use!!! Or the non-technical term...Convienence!!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
04 1 pull everytime but this weekend in northen quebec started 1 pull then died.fulled 2 plugs out of 4 mornings.i have heard 05 no warm up just go.any body doing this with 04.i remember big topic last year wondering about now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts