Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new 600 on Tuesday and got to put a whopping 4 miles on it before the temp hit 50 again! (nothing new this year) Love the SDI so far. I was reading in some other post on plug fouling and some guys mentioned a trick when starting them cold. Sled came w/ 8ecs's and I haven't picked up spares yet but from what I hear they're pricey. Anyone have any tips?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Some say not to let it idle too long after starting it. Of course you have
to take it easy until the engine comes up to temp if you start riding it
right away to prevent a cold siezure.

I have an 05, run 9ECS's, let it idle as long as I want, and have never
fouled a plug yet. The 8ECS's should even be better against fouling.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey,
For the first tank of gas I ran BR9EYA, then I ran BR9ECS for 6000miles after that, never fouled a plug. Just change them every year. Starts half pull when warm and full pull when it's really cold!! Don't forget to energize the system before pulling by pressing the RER button.
Regards
Rob

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Always hit the RER botton to prime the injectors before you pull it over or use the electric start. I always run the 9's in mine and can leave it idle as long as I want and it never fouls a plug.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you start it, wait until it is completely warmed up before killing it. Only two times have I ever fouled a plug. The first time it was not warmed up all the way when it was shut down. Then tried to start it right back up. The second was when the dealer installed the .018" gap br9ecs plugs. Installed the correct .031" br9ecs plugs and have never had any problems.

I think alot of the fouling issues are from the wrong gap in the plugs. When you buy them take your feeler gauges with you. While your standing at the counter check them to make sure they are correct. As we all know you cannot adjust the gap on these plugs.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
when its minus 30 degrees mine takes 2 pulls after priming it with RER button. i cant see how it can take 1 pull. Mine is a 2006 600 sdi with 450 miles on her. After the 2 pulls it idles for 10 seconds then dies. pull the rope again and shes good. Thats minus 30 degrees celcius though.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Just picked my sled up on feb 4th, one slow pull on the recoil all the way out and then one good pull starts mine every time. It idles at about 2300 for a few minutes then it slows down to around 2000 and it is go time. 930 miles on our first trip and not one fouled plug.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
the 06 600 SDI's are fitted with 8's now, not 9's anymore. I haven't had one plug foul yet. Like already mentioned, just hit the rer button to pressurize and give it a quick long pull. Done deal. Great running sled so far

·
Super Moderator
29,733 Posts
sgkjk69 said:
No tricks except pushing the RER button and giving her 1 pull whether you have a cold or hot motor. I am still amazed on how easy these are to start. I have never fouled a plug yet and I am running the 9ecs
[snapback]720472[/snapback]​
Same here. 1 push, 1 pull, doesn't matter if it's hot, cold, warm, or been in storage 6 months. It's always the same. 3500+ miles, ZERO plugs fouled. Great sled.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Exactly what MX-Z Man said.......
Never even had a plug out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts